Thursday, August 19, 2010

Driving Strike

I haven't been driving for a while. When I first got my permit I drove quite a bit. Then at some point I stopped, and avoided it as much as I could. "Oh I uh..left my wallet upstairs, it has my permit in it.." You know. Stupid stuff like that.

I'm quite insecure driving the big red van. I'll to take a picture of it and post it so you all can see. Anyhow, it's a 12 passenger van (currently only having eleven seats as of now..) the right side mirror was bashed off (by my Mom--haha not me). Having all of the family in it at once, doesn't help either. Too many distractions.

Driving with my Mom SOMETIMES makes me nervous. I think it's just bad communication on my part so she's no clue what I'm doing. And then she freaks out. And then I get freaked out because she's freaking out and then it's just a misunderstanding overall. HOWEVER sometimes I am doing something worth freaking out-but not always. I mean not for that kind of freaking out..

So I'm terrified. But, I want to overcome that fear. I want to be a confident (not timid) driver! I just need to practice. The plan was to ease into driving with all my siblings. But instead I just jumped into it. So then I stopped.

My parents aren't ones to force me into it. My permit is good until 5 days after I'm 18. That's a while. I think their main thing is to let me ease into it. Which I like. I'm ready to start driving again, just maybe not with all my siblings and stuff. I'm going to start over and ease into everything at my own pace. Once the water is warm then I'll start swimming to a cold spot until that's warm again. (EW. NOT TO CREATE AN ANALOGY OF SOMEONE PEEING IN THE WATER..THAT'S NOT WHAT I WAS GOING FOR AT ALL. WHATEVER.)

All this to say--I'm going to be driving again! THE ROADS ARE NO LONGER SAFE!! Mwahahah!

~~Lissie~~

No comments:

Post a Comment