Saturday, May 8, 2010

FFP/W: For Future Parenting/Wifehood...#1

Yes I'm weird. Yes I make mental notes in my very unorganized head, that are labeled: FOR FUTURE PARENTING/WIFEHOOD#..(and then I number them, and re-arrange them in my mind alphabetically..because I'm SO incredibly organized and amazing that it's just not even funny because that's so not the truth of things...)

Want some inspiration? Ok. Fine. You're right. I'm no one to look for inspiration from. But how about just an example of what these mental notes look like? Beware: It's my mental journal made up of only JOTTED DOWN *sloppily* notes-like crappy grocery lists that you are suppose to help you NOT spend so much money but if you go shopping with me you end up getting a few extra things...Or like random lists of favorites: My favorite movie *said in a baby voice* is Pwide and Pwejudice.... These kinds of notes that have NO significant meaning WHATsoever.. OK ok..I'm totally just rambling PURPOSEFULLY so. Showin off..y'know..yo..(what it was catchy!?) YEAH YEAH YEAH..TO THE POINT, AND ALWAYS TO THE POINT!!!

For instance: I don't like it when people give little DIGS. Those are so lame. Instead of just SAYING straight forward what it is that you are frustrated at, people will give these slight little digs that indicate what they're mad at without really opening up the matter and discussing it, and insulting the other person at the same time. I mean really, let's be honest with each other. I'd rather just have someone tell me: Hey I'm frustrated right now and it's because of this this and this. Rather then these slightly insulting, ever sarcastic, going NO WHERE digs.

Another thing I hate is sarcasm. The thing that pisses me off is that I use the dang crap myself..so does it really count? Hehe *Guilty Hypo

But, the form of sarcasm I am referring to is kind of similar to "digs". Except instead of even SLIGHTLY indicating on what your frusteration is, you just go all out and use sarcasm blow after blow until you provoke the opposite opponent to anger-JUST so you can take out your frustrations on SOMEONE else.. *I mean sheesh. If you have to go turn into the hulk go somewhere else..or count to ten, dang..* (That wasn't a dig, nor was it sarcasm. I'm perfectly serious. Also, I was straight forward in my frustration: If yur gonna blow up go somewhere else don't take it out on other people..)

These are things that make me mad when my siblings use these things, or when my parents do. I don't know what "normal" teens do, but I make little mental notes like "And I certainly don't want to dish out all these digs to my children when I'm a parent. And I do NOT want them to do that to their siblings EITHER.." But the fact of the matter is I have my own issues that I should make mental notes of in regards to how I treat people in general. I still can't help but make mental notes though...

In fact, I make mental notes unconsciously about everything. Take education for an example, I already know 2 different styles I would like to homeschool my kids. The first is the Charlotte Mason classical style. The second, well I don't know what you'd call it, would be heavier on logic and foreign languages and..yeah..I haven't got the second QUITE figured out yet.

I based that mental note on education, off of the fact that if my parents had homeschooled me from the start I would've liked a combination of the two forms of education above for myself. I don't think it's wrong to think of the future. As long as at the same time you take just the same amount of time (even more so) to correcting your character and take corrections from other people. Learn the lessons God wants you to, listen and look at what He's trying to teach you right here; for right now! And That sentence was totally preached TO ME, and me ONLY. Because I'm a hypocrite, if not the biggest of all hypo's! If you've ever seen Madagascar and the part where Moto-Moto says to Gloria: GURL, YOU HUGE. Gloria: Who's your friend or is that your butt? Moto-Moto: Gurl, you's as quick as you are hefty! I'll be seeing you 'round gurl you know, because you so "Plumpy"....

Um yeah. I am a huge hypocrite, I do have a butt (which I hate..but Mum admires and she's even got some of her friends to join her (meaning mum's) "My" *referring to me* butt fan club...:P) and I'm not hefty thank goodness!! I am going to start THIS WEEK *BECAUSE I'VE BEEN PUTTING THE CURSED THING OFF* some guilt-induced vigorous kick @ss yoga with Jillian Michaels. (hence the kick @ss...)

Anyways, you get the point. Or maybe you don't. That's ok. As long as I've inspired you to get some workout videos of Jillian's then we're cool.. ;)



Your very feisty young blogging friend,

~Lissie Darcy

*
"Hypo" is a word that only exists in Lissie Darcy's vocabulary. Do not feel intimidated for it is Lissie who should feel intimidated by YOUR vocab..*or anyone's for that matter..* (fyi that was a "self pity" dig to myself that can be translated as: OH POOR ME. NO ONE HAS TAUGHT ME LATIN. NO ONE HAS MADE A HEADY, NOSE-BLEED INTELLECTUAL, SCHOLAR OUT OF ME! Poor. Me. Ridiculous I know..and yur tellin me? I LIVE with myself..mmmkay?) IT is merely an abbreviation of the word "hypocrite". Make a mental note *like lissie!!* of it because it will now be used in future posts....


2 comments:

  1. oh, Lissie, every time I read your blog, I remember why we're friends... before you take that the wrong way, i mean the "AHA!" moments i always have while reading your posts... and the "AHA!" moments that come from listening to your music playlist. :)
    anyways, i totally think about things like educating my kids, and things i will and won't do with them. i think it's great to plan ahead! and if we don't learn from our experiences now, what's the point of becoming more mature before we have kids? (haha, that sounds a little awkward, but just bear with me...) but i totally don't think it's weird! keep it up! :)
    pax romana, & mucho love,
    Bel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bel all there is to say is: I love you.

    PS. Oh and no, that wasn't awkward.

    :)

    ReplyDelete