Sunday, May 9, 2010

FFPW: For Future Parenthood/Wifehood #2

I absolutely LOVE converse shoes. THEY THE BOMB. I have like 5 pairs of converse. One of which, (my awesome black high tops) are in need of replacing!!!!!

Knowing people like the Forrey's, who probably EVERYONE in their family owns a pair of converse, makes me think thoughts like: Um yeah this is why we're friends! (..ok..well that's not "WHY" we are. but I love you for the existing converse in your home.

It's dangerous when you're sitting a row behind your pastor's family. Because then you get thoughts like "awww they have the cutest family!!" "OH MY GOSH. THEIR LITTLE BOY (Whom I won't name because I do not have their permission) LOOKS SO STINKIN CUTE! WHO DRESSED HIM! OH..MY..GOODNESS!" And then you start unconsciously making SLOPPY MENTAL NOTES..AHEM. SOUND FIMILIAR?

Mental Note Number 1: I LOVE ARGYLE AS IT IS BUT I'M SORRY MY HUSBAND HAS TO HAVE SOME ARGYLE IN HIS WARDROBE!

Mental Note Number 2: ALL MY KIDS, WILL OWN A PAIR OF CONVERSE!! BECAUSE MOMMY WON'T BE THE LONE WOLF IN HER CONVERSE WEARING..

Mental Note Number 3: LITTLE BOYS IN SWEATERS LOOK DANG CUTE. MY SONS ARE GONNA HAFTA HAVE A WHOLE WARDROBE OF CUTE SWEATERS!!

Mental Note Number 4: (this was made ages ago..it's always existed in my head since I was like 13..) MY LITTLE DAUGHTERS WILL HAVE A WARDROBE CONSISTING OF DOZENS OF DRESSES! FROM BLACK-PINK-YELLOW-POOFY-A TWIRLY-...yeah you get the point!!!! AND MOMMY WILL HAVE DRESSES TOO! And Skirts! (LOVE dresses and skirts..)

Mental Note Number 5: (Which isn't a mental note...) I'm lucky I'm short!! Because I can marry a short guy or a really tall guy..and we'll look so cute together!! He'll have a little wife and well me a big husband.

OK so. Just pretend you didn't read that last one. I have to do SOMETHING with my shortness..there has to be SOME sort of acceptance on my part that I AINT GOIN NOWHERE, AND FAST! I'M 5'2" LET'S BE THANKFUL FOR IT! lol!

Is it scary, that you can now say (what with reading my crazy posts) how my mind works? Poor you. You have to put up with my little "outbursts" of craziness, saneness, total serious/somberness, total goofiness, ETC. How I pity you lovely reader you.

LOVE a very distracted red head,

~Lissie Darcy

Ps. So maybe I should think about doing a mother's day post huh? Not only to honor my Mom but all hard working moms out there..?? EH? Ya think? Yeah I do too. I have to do kitchen clean up first and round up these lil'uns for NAP TIME..:D In the mean time..I'll be contemplating on Mum's and what they *particularly mine* does for us children. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have a secret confession to make. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, k? I have two "worldly" requirements for a future husband. 1. He has to be able to play the guitar and/or the drums. 2. He has to wear converse regularly. :) :P I just thought I would share that. :) Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. Your secret is safe with me.

    I CAN'T HELP IT. I LOVE CONVERSE.

    One thing though, that is actually necessary for me in a husband is he HAS to have a sense of humor. I couldn't ever marry someone who's always so serious..or who's humor sucks..

    yeah.. :D

    Growing up with my Dad, I couldn't ever imagine (not to mention just living and being myself..EXISTING..sheesh..) being with a serious person.

    My husband needs to have a sense of humor but know when the time is to be serious as well. :)

    THANKS FOR SHARING. I love converse wearing ppl! And when we first started going to Nampa Bible Church my first declaration of joy was: LOOK! THE PASTOR IS WEARING AN ARGYLE SWEATER..

    Man I'm lame. But I like it when little boys and guys in general wear sweaters. Esp argyle. If I was a guy I'd always wear it and I'd ALWAYS wear converse!!!! hehe.

    ReplyDelete