Monday, May 10, 2010

Music update

I have about fifty billion new bands that I'm exploring right now. A friend mixed a little cd for me and there was 21 songs and so 16..(or maybe it was 18) out of the 21 songs I took the bands and made them into pandora stations!! I do better if I can listen to one station for a certain amount of time and then move on to the next..and so forth until I'm pretty familiar with most of their songs. (Doesn't take me long since I listen to music every day..and there's never a limit!!)

The bands I'm focusing on most right now (which aren't all from my friend's cd.) are: The Black Keys, (and I really love them..I like Jack White so yeah the Black keys are one of my faves. I've always liked the White Stripes..), Dead weather (another Jack White), Pretty Girls Make Graves, Cage the Elephant (If you like flobots you'll like cage the elephant), The Veils, Death Cab for Cutie (I've known about them for ages..but I never took the time to really listen to them and get familiar with their songs. But I am now. I REALLY like them a lot!!!!!!!!!!!! Current favorite song is: Blacking out the Friction since it was specifically written for people living in Idaho in the winter..D: ;)) Passion Pit, Broken Bells, Alpha Rev (I really like their song "New Morning"), Red Wanting Blue, and Son Volt. I found out about Son volt just by noticing how many people I know that actually listen to them..so I though hey why not!? And I must say I actually really like them! Been listening to them quite a bit today. They remind me of Forest Sun. If you like Son Volt, and if you like The Avett brothers you'll like Forest Sun. :D

Anyways. I'm trying out all these new bands and it's almost overwhelming. (In a good way of course) But sometimes not in a good way too. Like it reminds me of how many books I have on my book list right now and how little time I have to actually read them. SAD.

But I'm loving it. I don't think anyone listens to as much music as I do. (Except maybe my Dad...my family in general...hehe we're all freaks. We'll be like: ..SOMETHING IS MISSING!?..WHAT IS SO DISTURBING ABOUT RIGHT NOW-OHHHH THERE'S NO MUSIC ON! OH MY GOSH..) Ok well maybe we don't do that but that's what goes on in my mind haha.

Right now as I am typing this I'm listening to Chopin. I really do love Chopin. Aside from Vivaldi, and Mozart, he's by far my favorite composer ever! I never was a big beethoven fan. His music seemed always repetitive to me: He always had one mood (the way I interpret his arts at least..) which was either some deep form of depression that was abstractedly presented through his music. Or melancholy. Or anger.. or all of the above meshed together. I don't know. Not a fan. I do like some of his pieces though.

I've always liked classical music. Ever since I was a kid. Dad would have the classical radio station on and I always would sit and listen. I always tuned everything out except the cello and violins and violas, because I liked those best. Especially the cello though. I was in heaven on earth whenever I listened to the story the cello was portraying.

I don't tune out so much now. I listen to it as a collective whole, as it should be done. But sometimes if you want to appreciate all the instruments as individuals you do , have to tune out all else, and tune in to the specific other.

When I was a kid I was the freak getting autobiography's on Mozart and Beethoven (i used to love him..now I'm kinda ehh noo.) and read up on them. I was born in the wrong time period.

I should've been born in England, first of all. Or somewhere middle eastern like Egypt or India (I love Egyptian history/culture. I find them fascinating and always have ever since I was like 6 watching "prince of Egypt" over and over again for the 100th time..and then moving on to Ariel and the next day doing the same thing over again..) (WHICH by the way I still love Ariel. She's always been my favorite princess.)

Second I should've been born in the victorian time period. Or..I dunno I could go on with the list. But it's useless. I'm stuck in the 21st century. Dag 'gun!

~Lissie

PS. I KNOW WE LIVE IN A FAMILY THAT HAS 7 KIDS BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE TO SOUND LIKE IT, DOES IT!? YES, I'M YELLING THIS TIME OVER THE NOISE AND CHAOS OF IMMATURE 12 YO SISTERS, AND 10 YO BROTHERS, AND AS FOR THE TODDLERS IT IS TO BE EXPECTED THAT THEY ARE NOISY. BUT 12 AND 10 YO SHOULD KNOW BETTER: HEY GUYS. LET'S USE LIBRARY VOICES. I'M SO SICK OF THIS ON-GOING IMMATURITY AND OBNOXIOUSNESS. LET'S GROW UP A LITTLE SHALL WE?..yes I'm Pis*** in case ya didn't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment