Monday, February 8, 2010

Food for thought

COPY RIGHT: THE PROFOUND THOUGHT YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ ABOUT, WAS NOT FROM MY BRAIN, BUT FROM MY FATHER'S AND ALL THIS INFORMATION I'M ABOUT TO SHARE WITH YOU HAS BEEN DIGESTED IN MY BRAIN OVER SOME YEARS IN MY LIFE. YOU WILL BE FINED $200,000 IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING TO GET AWAY WITH STEALING THIS PROFOUND THOUGHT, COPYING IT, AND TAKING CREDIT FOR IT!!! Ok, the warning is now over, please leave a message at the sound of the beep, "BE-E-E-EEP!"

YES I'm a dork, but I thought we established that one by now? ;P

I was reminded today about a bunch of convos my Dad, Mom, Jules, Jake, and I have had in the past. The whole universe is hung on words. Ever thought about it? Since the beginning of creation when God said, "Let. There. Be. Light,"...

With words I think we take for granted how important they are. We don't take them NEARLY as serious as we SHOULD. YOU have the power to save a life, or the power to destroy a life.

There's a whole chapter in James (..2..or 3...one of the two chapters!) about TAMING THE TONGUE. As Christians, we must be ever so extra careful with our words. You can do massive amounts of damage to a loved one, with words.

Words can damage someone beyond repair. Even though sometimes people will heal, your words will leave a scar on them forever. Once you open your mouth and say something, you can't take it back.

Christians, we need to make sure that what we say to others around us is always going to be edifying to Christ. I say this more to myself then to anyone.

I'm reminded of that song, "Oh be careful little eyes what you see..(and then it goes on to..) Oh be careful little lips what you say. For the Father up above is looking down in love, oh be careful little lips what you say."

Be on your guard, and go serve High King Jesus,

~Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment