Monday, February 8, 2010

Cross reference-"hidden expectations"

So you remember a while back I posted a post on, "hidden expectations"? It seems like God's changing my attitude towards my Mom, even my Dad in ways.

PAUSE

Before I go on, I just need to give you a quick life status: Right now Dad is doing 2 jobs. One (as you know, or at least should by now ;P) is driving the big purple "Dry cleaning butler" van; for my uncle Shaun. Not something he wants to do, but has to because this is where God has him..for now. You need to understand my Dad, he's a dreamer. Like me. Like you, like my Mom (only in a different way), like Jonah my 5 year old brother, like those beautiful people you bump into on a corner street. Their thoughts pre-occupied with profound doings and sayings, their eyes a-lit sparkling, and you just HAPPEN to bump into them. The one glance you glimpse of the stranger is a rare treat, it leaves you wondering what they were thinking. What goes on in the beautiful, perhaps wonderful mind of that individual. What intellect has been implanted in her/his soul..

That is my Dad. He's a dreamer. Anyways. Job #2 is at home AFTER coming home from job#1. He writes articles for TONS of different people who higher him, all over the world, for their money-making-websites. And because of this we don't get to spend time with him as we used to, always. It's just a season of life for us right now.

UNPAUSE, AND REWIND TO THE FIRST PARAGRAPH-

So you remember a while back I posted a post on, "hidden expectations"? It seems like God's changing my attitude towards my Mom, even my Dad in ways. In what ways you ask? I'm thankful for the 5-20 mins I get with my Dad a day. Even if our conversations consists of his excitement over dreams he has. Besides, his dreams are what inspire my dreams. My parents dreams inspire my dreams. They're the spark that lights mine. :D I'm thankful for every moment I get with Daddy. It actually is making me more appreciative of him, I think, and the time he and I get. In those ways, I mean.

I've noticed my attitude towards Ma is slowly, surely, and truly, changing, by Christ, and through Christ! My thoughts consist of: "Have you had breakfast yet Ma? Can I make you something? (and lunch too), what do you need? Have you taken your vitamins yet? What can I do for you? Do you need help? What's wrong? Who are you frusterated at, or what? What's so funny? I'll take Josiah. I'll change him for you. Have you been drinking water? I'll make dinner, or lunch, or do THIS for you so as to relieve some stress..."

My prayers are consisted of: Praying for my Mother's heart, any anxiety she might have, any stress she might have, that God will bless her in the ways best for her, and in ways she might need it. And then of course I'm praying for my wonderful Father too: For lack of sleep not to effect him, for him to be safe at work, his heart, his anxiety, his stress, etc. and that soon he'll be able to quit his job he has with my uncle, and work for himself.

Prayers for me: My heart, that I won't grow bitter towards Dad because it's so easy to listen to the devil and my flesh that say, "well he's not exactly there ya know.." cuz that's a lie and it's a season of life, for my attitude towards my Mom, that I'd desire to serve Ma and honor her, that I'd quit wallowing in my sing and pick up my cross and follow Christ, that my eyes stay on Him, that I'd honor God, that any bitterness, anger, pride, selfishness, impatience, hatred, etc. would be plucked out and new roots would grow to replace them: Selflessness, patience, humility, love (Christ's example of love), brotherly kindness, etc would grow instead.

Long ago God planted the seed of faith in my heart, now I'm praying that the seed would begin to bloom. I'm praying that when the fire comes, I'll be fireproof, I'll still be standing.

SLOWLY, friends, God is at work within my heart! I've noticed a total attitude change-AND ALSO I've gotten BACK INTO the habbit of reading my Bible every day. I miss a day or two sometimes..but I'm getting back into that habbit which I used to be in..that's part of my problem. I've forgotten who Christ really is. I need to always be reading the Gospels, to keep that sharp image of who Christ really is, who He says He is. As someone once said, we tend to make up this totally different version of GOD, because we haven't been reminding ourselves who the God of the Bible really is.

Continue to pray for me folks!! And thank you ever, ever, so much for all your past prayers for me!!

Don't waste another minute, if you haven't read your Bible today, DIVE IN IT! Bask in the richness of His grace, and mercy, and who Christ REALLY IS!!

With that being said,

~Lissie Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment