Friday, January 22, 2010

Serious Prayer

Hey, so this is what's going on in my life right now.

Woke up this morning saw that I had put my phone on silence all (due to not wanting to wake up from my alarm). And I saw I had gotten a call from my Uncle Shaun. Which was unusual. He doesn't ever call me unless he can't get ahold of my Mom, and/or my Dad can't get a hold of either of us.

But, me just waking up, it not processing I thought nothing of it. I thought..actually that he was calling to tell us that Dad quit or something. Dunno. (Well Dad's been working up to the point where he can quit working for him, and just work for himself..so yeah.)

Anyways, as soon as I walk downstairs with Jess, (Usually she's the first to wake up in the morns and Mum asks me to bring her downstairs take care of her and all..) Dad calls Mom. (Mom's phone was downstairs, her room is upstairs and that's why she didn't get all her missed calls). I answer the phone and Daddy tells me to bring the phone to Mum even though she's still sleeping. (Not his usual since she just had a baby (yes that'll be my next post when life doesn't get as serious as it is now..) so he likes her to get her rest and doesn't disturb her unless it is REALLY urgent.) So I'm like..okkk...

Then Jami comes down yelling, "AAATTEEE MA REALLY NEEDS YOU SHE'S CRYING RIGHT NOW!" And I'm like..yeah uh-huh Jami..riiight, Ma's crying? She's probably laughing so hard at Daddy's joke that she's teary-eyed, but CRYING?

Jacob, and Jonah were in the room, Ma's holding Josiah (our newest addition to the fam) while talking to Dad and she's crying..like literally balling. Then she tells me, "Jor go get Jules, and hurry."

After telling Jules the urgency we run back to the room. (Well I did. She still didn't get it, having just woke up.)

My Nana (grandma whom we call Nana. Mom's Mom.) has had a mild stroke. The worst part about it, is she's been having these headaches for some weeks, and I kept telling her to go to the doctor's..and I only mildly mentioned this to my Mom. And now here she is, she had to go to her doctor's appointment this morning, and Auntie Mariah (the wife of Uncle Shaun whom my Dad works for) had to drive out to her house (they live around 25..mins...from us?) (nana's house I mean) and drive her to her doc's appointment. Well she ended up in the hospital this morning and a test confirmed that she did infact, have a mild stroke.

She went in the hospital Friday morning. She went through the MRI. And on Saturday I stayed all day w/her in the hospital with my TT too. Tt flew out here on the spot. And Grandma Kitty arrived last night pretty late. Anyways the neurologist said that she had THREE!! THREE (nana) STROKES! Mild, pin point sized strokes. What we're seeing is the AFTER EFFECTS of the stroke. When she went into the hospital the neurologist said she had the strokes at LEAST 48 hours prior to Friday the day she ended up in the hospital.

Here's a brief touch-up on the anatomy of the strokes (from the neurologist), in the simplest of language:

Blood vessels clotted in the blood supply that is given to the brain. So essentially, the brain was deprived of some blood supply for a short amount of time. And it eventually got disolved. (who knows when at this point, it doesn't matter, as long as the body did its job in disolving it.) This all caused irritation, in essence swelling of the brain. (OH and she had the strokes in the lower left side of her brain.) So what WE'RE seeing, of what's happening to her, is the after effects of the stroke. So her right hand is weak, she's walking funny (and she's right handed..so that's her dominating side) (and you know how the left side of the brain controls the right, and vice versa) she has a bit of droopiness in her right side of her mouth.

Anyways she stayed in the hospital for two days, she came home today. She's on cholestral medicine and asprin. Asprin will keep her blood thin, and from clotting again. There's no medication that wil 100% prevent another stroke from occurring. All we can do is watch her and she's having to have 24 hour care. I'm so thankful she lives on our street! Tt and Grandma Kitty will be mainly taking care of her. Ma will be helping (we'll all be taking turns when one needs a break, we'll have plenty of help.) and I as well.

It could be worse. Anyways, pray for Nana. We're just taking it day by day. Pray for Ma, and Tt. Tt isn't a Christian and it must be really hard for her. Plus she already as it is struggles with anxiety so it's..gotta be pretty tough and scary for her laying in bed at night..you know that's when your mind starts thinking about everything..and just runs off w/your imagination.

Pray for us. It's scary. Death hangs over us all by a thread, it's only when we are woken up to this realization when it becomes a vital thing.

I've been meaning to post this FRIDAY when it all happened, but as you know and can forgive me things have been hectic.

We've been blessed! Extremely blessed, people and friends all around us caring for us, bringing us meals, offering to help us in any way possible. It's been wonderful.

So thank you to all who've helped and offered your help and brought us meals, etc. We love you guys extremely.

Through Him all things are possible,

Lissie Darcy

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Dude, prayers are much coveted right now.Means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your parents we are praying for you guys and especially for Lori. My dad had one when I was pregnant with Chris 12 years ago and he is more healthy now than ever so we will pray that Nana has many more years to be with your family. -AA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Auntie! I'll pass the message 'long. <3 you, and thank you for the encouragement. It is much needed in times like these. =)

    ReplyDelete