Monday, January 18, 2010

Love and Stalking

Once upon a time Grace was walking to the library. She bumped into someone along the way, causing the poor man to drop all the papers, and books he was carrying.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you. Oh, here! Let me help you." Said Grace, frantically picking up papers.

"Hahaha. no problem. I'm rather clumbsy, as it is. Don't worry about it. I need to get a book bag or something. I almost always bump into someone after leaving the library by trying to see past my mound of books," the Man replied.

"Haha. Oh, I see. Well, I think you got it all. Can I help you with anything else, or are you good?" Grace asked grinnig. The Man looked funny with books stacked on top of him every which way.

And thus started the friendship of the funny Man and grace.

There are some people in life you're just naturally drown to. Why are you friends with the people you are friends with now? You like them. There's something about them that you liked from the beginning when you met, right?

Maybe you liked their personality, a specific character trait you saw in them, their smile, their eyes, their out going personality, the easy going attitude as you spoke with them, or whatever it is/was that made you decide "I like them,". You've been friends with them ever since your first meething them, right? Only now you know them so much better, because you've gotten to really know them as a person.

I am the kind of person who doesn't just (I'm 15) have friends my age. I have adults as friends too. I'm friends with my family members too (duh everyone should be!). Let me make it clear to you, I love people! Some people love chocolate, mountain dew, nature, their pets, their pillow, etc. But me-I love PEOPLE. wouldn't survive with out them. (Prolly could BUT that'd only be in a "have to" situation like if I was stranded on a deserted island.) I'm the outgoing person who'll go up and introduce myself to you if we haven't met. Where's the danger in that?

If I like you (garunteed ya I will..) there's NO escaping me. Ever. Because it's kind of like a "love at first stie" only more like, "love at the first meeting". And it's NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT the same "love" as the kind in the "love at first site (that's more like "will you marry me?" kind of love..). It is more like, I love you SO much I'm going to adopt you into my posse. Oh, and my posse is a group of people I adopted as my family. My "love" for my friends is really, and truly a deep admiration for them and our friendship. The fact OF our friendship. It's an, "I'm honored to be friends with you." kind of admiration. It breaks down to, "you're personality is beautiful", "your character reflects Christ in this way," and on rare occasions, "I want to be like you in this way/area of my life because you're a good example and I need to be reflecting Christ in a similar area in my life as you do." (RUN ON SENTENCE..BAAAAAAAAAM!)

I do have certain friends I lean to more, we all do. I know them better. It depends on the length of the relationship (so how long I've known the person), and the closeness and openess on things like sharing struggles and triumphs in our walk with God.

Although it may look like, or seem like I'm stalking you but I'm not. It's simply that I love you, admire you, see Christ being magnified by you, agree with most of your convictions as far as them being parallel with the Bible, thank God for you, and want to adopt you in my posse if you'll let me.

I'M NO STALKER! Think of me as a big fan of yours, or how about, as your friend? Now you know I love you....*blushes...moving on..;)

As for stalking/stalkers. If you don't want me tail gating you, then when I see you shying away in the corner, and the 5'2" red-headed gal comes up to shake your hand, I suggest 2 things: 1) Shake my hand heartily knowing what you're getting into.----> A deep friendship, my admiration, love (in a "i'm 15, I look up to you, and will listen to any advice/wisdom you have to give me kind of way.), respect, my outgoingness, dorky humor, and friendship.

OR 2) Run! Get the heck out of that silly corner and run for your life. Don't look back either or you'll see 1) me laughing as it is a comical situation. OR 2) Me looking after you longingly thinking, "Dang, I've dog 'gone done it again! Gone off 'n scared 'em off 'gain! Well SHEW 'EE SLAP MY GRANDMA! That makes a record of 17..*sighs..*continues sippin sweet tea. OR 3) You'll see me carrying the tray of fresh chocolate chip cookies and tea I was going to share with you. Ok I doubt #3 will ever happen. If you wanna even LAY EYES on MY cookies, then you HAVE to be a part of my posse. OTHERWISE, you can just forget about cookies 'n tea. Or 4) Me crying my eyes out...yah I'm being sarcastic. Ok #4 was going to be me looking after you with my mesmerizing puppy eyes! If you look back then, you're bound to turn back 'round...

In other words when you shake hands with me you're signing the contract of us being friends. Be thankful I don't make ya do what they use to do back then to seal a contract/deal/friendship...they'd SPIT on their hands THEN they'd shake!! (Hahah yes, I've had Tom Sawyer on my mind. I've been reading To Kill a Mocking Bird too..hence...the southern accent and the "spitting" and stuff like that..hehehe ;)

Your affectionate friend Stalker,

~Lissie Darcy

2 comments: