Monday, January 18, 2010

Book Status

I've been going to this bookclub, and last time it was my choice of book. We (as a bookclub), read Chesterton's "The Man who was Thursday". It was good, rather random. But, I guess I only say that because when I had picked the book I didn't actually know what it was about. I wasn't expecting it to be about anarchists...and I didn't know it was an allegory either. Anyways, it was a good challenging read. Personally, I thought it was more challenging then Tolstoy's "Resurrection".

I had started "The Man who was Thursday", but the date of when our bookclub would meet got delayed, so I put it down when I was 3/4's the way through. For Christmas I got several books, one of which called, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". I had already read Austen's original P&P. I was really anxious to read this version. (Which has a co-authored by "Seth Graham he took the same story, and then added a zombie/oriental twist to it.) Christmas night I started P&P&Z. I had to put THAT down, and then finish the Chesterton. I finished that a day before bookclub, and then was able to pick up P&P&Z again. I finished that sometime this week I believe 3 days ago.

NOW, I'm bookless! But, I already have a book picked out to read, "To Kill a Mocking Bird" by Harper Lee.

I have a book list for school (just you know required reading for sophomores, that kinda thing) that I'm going by. And then I have my own book list of at least 30 (yeah I think it's 30) classics/common books that everyone's read..but me. lol. For instance a classic: Moby Dick. Common book that everyone's read but me: Lord of the Flies..I'VE BEEN DYING to read it. I have an adopted Older Brother who's read it and loves it (he is a guy..haha) and said I'd like it. I trust his judgment. It's usually 75% right. Haha. But, yeah. Been wanting to read that book for a loooooonnng time.

Oh! And the next bookclub book (which on Amazon is like $20..ridiculous!) is "Green Dolphin Street" by Elizabeth Goudge. I can't wait to read that because (if we ever order it!) it was made into a 1940's black and white film! Which..if you know me, then you know that I love black and white films! Particularly the ones made in the 30's/40's.

Anyways! Lots of good reads! Oh, and I'm keeping a reading log this year, so that by the end of 2010 I can see how many books I read!! Yaaaay! Haha.

Feel free to comment and tell about the books you're reading.

Kindest regards, and good mornings to you all,

~Lissie Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment