Monday, October 12, 2009

My Mysterious friend

Hi everyone,

I've been rather busy lately as you know. I haven't had time to post some rather sad news. Well, I lost a friend and I've gained a friend.

Sophie (our energetic pup) was given away on Thursday. We got Sophie when she was 8 weeks old. (Um..I think. Yeah.) We started to train her. She was eager to please, and willing to learn. We were all so excited. Then my Mom found out she was pregnant with baby Josiah, and she started getting severe morning sickness. (Her usual in the first few months.) Some friends of ours from California came to visit for a week but it ended up being a month due to a sudden emergency. What with having 10 kids in the house, a pregnant morning sick Mama, and now a new puppy it was all too much. Our house was way to crowded, Sophie was way to energetic to handle the newcomers, and Mama was way to stressed to handle it all. The first one to go out was, well Sophie. After a month it was harder to train her. And slowly she became an outside dog. (This summer was really busy. Lots of people came. And..poor ol' Soph was neglected you could say.)

The time came for us to give her away. I had a dream I was looking out the sliding glass door, and out there was poor Sophie frozen solid in the snow. IT WAS SCARY!! And weird. I was thinking if Joseph and his coat of man colors were alive, (yah, yah coats are inanimite objects I get it!) he'd say the dream meant it's time to give him away. Anyways winter is a-coming and we want Sophie to have a nice family that can give her the love she deserves and the training she deserves and needs!!

We gave her away to the Boise humane society where we're hoping they'll put her through the prison training system. They train them pretty well and then families buy them.

It was sad to see her go. We loved Sophie. But, I can't help thinking and hoping for that family that will take her in and love her dearly!! Pray for Sophie to get a new and awesome home.

Now, like I said. I lost a friend and gained a friend.

Ma surprised us that we were getting a new puppy (this was last week she told us about the new puppy we'd be getting) and he's for FREE! Awesome, eh? Anyways, she showed us a few pictures. He's a chihuahua mixed with a rat terrier. He has more chihuahua then rat terrier. His ears don't always stay up. They go down at times too. He's really cute. He's black and silky with the cutest tale and white paws. He loves playing fetch, and get this: HE'S ALREADY TRAINED! Pretty well too!! He knows "Leave it" "Go on outta here" (the owner didn't like him in her bedroom) "Outta there" (if he was in the trash or in some place he shouldn't have been) "Sit" "Come" and he minds when he's on the leash. He knows "Go lay down" (she had a corner for her dogs to just "Chill" in) He can "Stand" "Roll over" and fetch of course! If he could he would fetch ALL day! Anyways, we talked about it and we all agreed that Toby (that's his name) was the pup for us! So we got him today!!

And that is my mysterious friend I was telling you about..Bel. :))

I'll try to get some pics up sometime ok!?

Can't wait for you to meet him!!

Love always,

Lissie

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha, that's awesome!!! A new member of the family vs. a puppy: puppy wins. not that I wouldn't be excited to meet a new sibling or anything... ;)
    Go Toby!

    ReplyDelete