Saturday, March 21, 2009

Big girl!!!










Today we went to the park. Brandon, Me, Jules, Jake, Tyler, Jami, Jones, and Jessi. We've taken many trips to the park with Jess, but she's never walked to the park, etc. So, this was the first time we put shoes on her (since she's been walking I mean) and she's walked in them. It was really funny watching her trying to walk in the shoes on our wood floor before we left. She looked like she'd drank some beer lol. After a couple of minutes or two she got the hang of it. She was soo excited let me tell you. She screamed "BYE-BYE!" as we were walking out the garage door. It was so funny! I was soo proud to hold her hand as we crossed the street together. You can have all the money, power, and things in the world but none of which is worth having that pretty, white hand in yours taking her first walk across the street! Children are a gift from the Lord how can anyone think of aborting their babies? I look at Jessi, Jami, and Jonah and I shiver at the thought of what it'd be like without them. What it'd be like if my parents weren't Christians and decided now wouldn't be a good time for kids.
I'm telling you Jessi and I are partners!! She loves me to death and I love that trust she puts in me when I pick her up out of the "Scary grass..??" (She's scared of grass. lol.) and hold her in my arms. I love that trust she puts in me when I pick her up and carry her up or down the stairs (she's scared of the stairs too.). I love that she knows she has the freedom to come and kiss me or sit in my lap as she "pretends" (i.e. in her mind she's really doing it) to read a book. That girl is going to be a reader I know she is. She has a fascination with books. We have a touch and feel book and she ADORES it! She's really smart and communicates pretty well for her age. She can't talk (other then Bye bye and hi and "weee" and "AAAAATEE!" mama and daddy and baba) but she told me the other day that she wanted me to put her food on her tray so she can feed herself. (She's going through that stage of independence, but she's not quite ready for the whole feeding yourself thing. She can with finger foods though.) I was trying to feed her soup but she would let me so she pointed to the soup and then at her tray and muttered some stuff in baby language and ended it with a lady-like rassberry. Hahaha. It was really cute.
I was reminded by my Mom to make memories with these babies, and treasure them while I have them. They won't always be little, and I won't always be in the house. One day I'll have a house of my own, so I need to love these babies. She's right of course. These precious little children look up at me with big eyes filled with love for their "Ate" (a.k.a. Big sister) so I need to cherrish these little treasures of mine. If you have younger siblings of your own whether they are 1,3, almost five, or even 9, go and cherrish them. Make memories with them. Love them.
In Christ,
~Lissie



3 comments:

  1. NOTE: The pictures uploaded kinda funky. (MY bad!!)~Lissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder, Lissie! Our family members are sooo important! I don't have any younger brothers or sisters, but I do have several older ones and they mean so much to me ;) Cute pictures! Your little sister and brother are adorable ;) Thanks for following my blog!

    ~Arianna~

    ReplyDelete