Saturday, March 21, 2009

Memories, Good Ol' Memories!




Yesterday morning my Mom surprised me by saying we were going to go to the Jeremy Camp/Mercy Me concert held at the Idaho center! I LOVE Jeremy Camp! We all go through our music "stages" and I went through a Jeremy Camp stage, I listened to him like everyday! But, I've learned not everyone likes listening to the same person, over and over again. (LOL)
My Dad apparently had won two tickets off a radio station for me for an early B-day present. The other funny thing both parents were fighting over who got to take me. LOL. (Not literally fighting obviously :)
So, who was the lucky winner in taking their-almost-fifteen-yr.-old-daughter to the concert? Mum. We went to Target on the way and got a Starbucks. I got an iced berry chia (really yummy!!!). It was fun. When we sat down for the concert I got to thinking.........
It's always been my Mom who's taken me to concerts. I can remember all of them. Stacy Orico (Who I was a big fan of when I was young. Now..not so much.) Zoey girl, (not so much either) Steven Curtis Chapman (STILL A FAN!), Rebecca St. James, Indelible grace, and just last night Jeremy Camp! Memories, good ol' memories!!!!!!!!! Hahah. It was a fun time although we had four 11 yr. old obnoxious boys kicking our seats and leaning over, etc. But, what can you do when you're at a concert? It was 3 hr. long be we only stayed for all of Jeremy's songs and a couple of Mercy Me's.
I loved the fact that Jeremy pulled his Bible out of his jacket pocket. He kind of had a far-off look when he was quoting 2 Corinthians. Even when he was singing he kinda had that look too, the look one gets when they share what Christ has been teaching them. That's one of the things I like about him, his faith is genuine. His Bible was like one of those pocket ones that are you know rather small. I wonder if he has an Esv. WOOHOO way to go!!
Well, it was a fun time. If you are reading this and you're a fan of Jeremy too here's the link to his blog: http://jeremycamp.typepad.com/ it's pretty cool to be able to read his blog. Especially when you watch his videos, his band (including himself and Matt his manager) is really random it's funny. Thanks Daddy for winning those tickets, and thanks Mum for taking me I had a great time!

Post more later!,
Lissie

Ps. You know your Mom is cool when.."She's jumping up and down with you at Jeremy Camp concert." LOL!!
Ps.s. Casting crowns it's your turn to come to Idaho!

2 comments:

  1. Yea!! You have one very cool mom, Lissie!! And you're nothing at which to sneeze, either!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh you went! I was so going to go to that concert but then I got sick. I'm glad you guys had fun! ;)

    this is a super cute blog, jordyn. Good job!

    ReplyDelete