Saturday, August 14, 2010

Reading List

My reading list has changed. It always changes. It's one BIG reading list and all the other ones are just mini ones taken from the huge BIG one. (Which I actually have typed up in my google docs. It's sad. Whatev.)

It looks something like this:
  • The Reason For God (Tim Keller)
  • Surprised By Joy (Lewis)
  • Moby Dick
  • Gulliver's Travels
  • One Thing you Can't Do In Heaven (Mark Cahill)
  • The Grand Demonstration (Jay Adams)
  • Cry Of the Soul (YES I STILL haven't finished it.)

I just haven't been reading as much as I normally do. (Which is like a book a week or a book every other week.) Now whenever I read I try (if I come across something meaningful and worth it) to common place great quotes. It takes me a while to push through the reading if I'm also trying to jot down amazing quotes and thoughts following. But that's not what's really holding me back from diving into some literature. Of late I feel overwhelmed in every other area in my life. The huge reading list I have is overwhelming to. I don't need ONE more thing to overwhelm me. Instead I'm going at my own pace. I know with school starting pretty soon that it doesn't matter I'll have to read and accomplish the reading one way or another. But until then I'm going to ease into the water a bit. :) Although it's not the brightest of ideas since during school it'll be harder to pick up some free reading stuff. But whatever. Those books can be put on hold. They've waited this long for me on my shelf, they'll still be there by Christmas and Thanksgiving break. And so on.

~L

No comments:

Post a Comment