Sunday, May 30, 2010

FFW/P #5

I have to have ONE room in my house that is dedicated completely and wholly to books; and the celebration of the luxury/comfort of them.

I know exactly how I want it to look. It goes something like this: Beautiful bookshelves made with beautiful wood (I haven't figured out just what yet. Maybe cherry wood..), DOZENS AND DOZENS, AND DOZENS OF BOOKS will garland those bookshelves. There has to be a window in the room and a window seat with comfy pillows and even a throw (i.e. light decorative but COMFY blanket) for comfort. LOTS of lamps. There's something comforting/reassuring about reading by the light of a lamp. BIG COMFY LEATHER RECLINING SEATS!! (Those are the star of the show besides the books!) And the window is going to have pretty flowy modest curtains. (I don't want them to take away from the leather seats or the books..etc..) And lots of dried flowers and fresh flowers in the room for a sweet scent! This is one wish I hope will come true someday. I could do without all the other stuff in the room as long as I had lots of natural light from a window, leather reclining seats, and that WHOLE room for books!! (Oh and of course lamps...) :D

Does anyone have a dream room for their future home?


Sweetly dreaming,

~Elisabeth Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment