Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Joys of Spring and New Favorites

I changed the order of favorite "stores" on my list:

1.Anthropologie
2.Forever 21
3.Urban Outfitters
4.Target
5.Oldnavy
6.Winco
7.Ross

(:

Oh and I've converted from Starbucks coffee to "The Flying M" coffee. The richness of the coffee grounds is so good! It's definitely more coffeeish then Starbucks.

It's such a beautiful day today. I had a wonderful time with a wonderful friend who took me out to Boise and we went to Anthro, and Urban Outfitters, and I tried Flying M for the first time today. IT's so beautiful out it's sunny, and blue, and warm*er*.

I have a feeling spring's going to be coming very soon because I've been having allergies lately. Itchy eyes, runny nose, very itchy nose, and sneezing. It's rediculous!

I'm looking forward to spring because
  • Spring cleaning that's going to get done. We have a lot of cleaning! And it's nice because spring cleaning doesn't consist of the "everyday" stuff. It consists of the "odd cleanings" such as the tops of the cabinents that are RIGHT above the stove top. You know that's where all the steam and grease from whatever you're cooking goes too. So I'm really excited for the "odd cleanings" we'll be doing!
  • Warmer weather, more frequent sunny days. Which means..
  • Dresses and skirts can be pulled out! I mean sure you might have to wear a light sweater/cardigan over your dress. But, at least you get to pull your dresses out!
  • Gardens. We had a garden 2 years ago. We wanted to have one this last spring we had but there were some complications around that time that prevented us from having one. :( This year though (I even heard it come out of my parents mouth several times lately and including my own mouth :D) we're determined to have one! And perhaps having one will keep us more motiviated in maintaining the weeds that pop up in our backyard. :D I want to have my own little corner where I can have my own little flower garden. I love flowers. I want lots of daises in mine, and tulips, and I don't know..lots of flowers. The best thing about flowers is you can be really random with them!
  • Spring break-oh wait we don't ever get a spring break. Haha. I actually could care less about spring break. I just like it because I can hang out with friends during that time since they're more "free" to do things that week.
  • Easter
  • Windy days. I love windy days for some reason. They remind me of days where I used to run bare foot in this park that has a huge field. I used to run from some friends house to the park because we had, every Friday these days called "park days". If on those days it was really windy, after all the "park day" games some of us would pull out our kites. I'd run bare foot in the grass with my kite, and after flying it a lot I'd lay in the grass with my hands behind my head and just sigh with delight at the wonders of God's creation.
  • Tea. It's still a good season to keep drinking hot tea. (:
  • Flip flops! I've already pulled mine out because I love flip flops. I could live in those things..probably because I used to ALWAYS go bare foot in Cali. To get me to wear shoes was-an accomplishment. I mean..obviously I'd wear shoes if I was going somewhere. But, being at home I'd walk outside barefoot-always. (: I'll probably when I'm married, be one of those wives that are always "barefoot"...(and well the rest is barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. But-hem. I'm too young to be thinking of such things. :D)
I love spring. I just hate allergies. We get them pretty bad (esp me). I remember days in NC (it was reallly bad there probably because we weren't used to the climate there and all. :D Different type of pollen and all y'know.) and I'd have to have benadryl in the middle of the day just to make it through the day. Because the allergies there were so bad for me. I would play outside w/my friends or with Jules and Jake and then I'd be half asleep while being "outdoors" because I was so drowsy and groggy from the benadryl.

Anyways, I just love spring. My favorite seasons are really summer and fall. But I also love spring!

I'm excited! I'm excited for a lot of stuff, but that's another post for another time.

Here's to spring!,

~Elisabeth Darcy

1 comment:

  1. Lissie! I was really hoping to ignore the gorgeous sun outside because I REALLY need to get some school done (arggg...a&p...). But, after reading that post, there is no chance of it. I'm going outside. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete