Thursday, October 22, 2009

The flu

Here's how my night went. In the late afternoon I got a fever of 101.0 and since I'm stupid I decided day quill will be efficient enough to keep my fever down. I guess Motrin is the way to go. (And everyone right now is like, "Yah DUH! Idiot"..well that's me alright!) So I'm sitting there..an hour or so later I check my temperature again and it went up to 101.2 I'm like oh, great. Lovely. This gives me hope for the future because, as you can see my fever is lingering.

I took Motrin. Thank goodness I did. Got rid of all those body aches! SERIOUSLY, I felt like I'm 80. I know I say that all the time. (Ok, not all the time.)

Later on we ate dinner. Jonah and Jamesyn went to awana's. It was just my Mom, my Dad, Jules, Jake, and I eating together. Kind of nice. The whole, "How's life with just 3 kids Mom and Dad?" that kind of thing. Haha. We love those little moments when it's just us and our parents. (Think about it. I share my parents with all 6 of my siblings. It's nice when you get special moments with them to yourself! And they are rare.) I went to bed at 8 o' clock. Actually, I went to my room at 8. I colored in my Anatomy and Physiology coloring book til 8:30 and then decided to go to bed. Had a hard time falling asleep even though I was drop dead tired.

After what felt like hours have gone by, I happened to wake up and look at my clock and it's only 10:30. I'm like oh great. I can already tell this is going to be a horrible night. I go back to sleep and wake up at 2:33 a.m. I have to go pee. (T.m.i. but just hang in there ok?) So I get up to go to the bathroom right? First off, I'm burning with fever. I'm all weak. I'm really tired. When I get up to walk to the bathroom, my whole room is spinning and I feel so dizzy like I'm going to throw up. Instead of walking, I crawled. It helped take away some of the dizziness. I got back in bed and tossed and turned looked at my clock it was 4 a.m. I'm still burning with fever. I felt like I'm going to throw up my insides out. I figure it's because I'm burning with fever..and well need Motrin. My Dad yesterday said when he woke up with fever it was so bad he felt like he was going to pass out. So, I'm like I NEED to get some Motrin NOW. I try standing again to go down stairs. I couldn't though. I was so dizzy. I fell over. I felt worse then I did on my bed.

I laid back down again. I couldn't yell for my sister who's room is next to mine after the bathroom, because my throat was hurting from coughing so much. What did I do? I laid there. Tossed and turned until around 5 am. At 5 I finally was like ok, I need to get down stairs somehow (where the medicine cabinent is) and get that Motrin. I slowly started to crawl out of my room to the stairs. I'm feeling way worse now, crawling didn't make much of a difference. I let my pillow and blanket tumble down the stairs. I sat down on the stairs and sorta did this careful sliding thing down the stairs. Then I crawled to the couch and laid down. I tried to go into the kitchen and get the Motrin but I was too weak..and well I just felt like I was going to throw up. I knew my Dad would be down any minute anyways, because it's around that time he gets ready. I don't know what time he actually came down though, because I managed to fall asleep.

When he came down he asked if I was ok, I told him I needed some Motrin badly but I can't stand up because I'm too dizzy. He got me 2 Motrin's and some Day quill for my cough and stuffy nose and all that fun stuff. He told me I need to try to eat something so the Motrin wouldn't hurt my stomach. He started listing things like: Toast, granola bar..? I'm like oh..I'm going to puke.. I ran to the toliet and sure enough I puked. I have no clue what came up though because I barely ate anything yesterday. It was nasty. I'm always scared when I hear the words "Stomach. Flu." because I do NOT like throwing up. I'm scared to. Why? Because it feels REALLY ICKY..and..well common! Some sort of muscle is contracting and making your food go up and out.

At that point I was sweating and shaky, and I felt AWESOME! I finally threw up and got rid of whatever it was I needed getting rid of! After that I tried to eat some dry cereal but only managed 5 pieces..and then I was knocked out!!

And now, my medicine is starting to wear off and I'm starting to feel warm again. But, alls well that ends well right?

All this to say: DO NOT DRINK OFF YOUR FAMILY OR FRIENDS (if you even drink off your friends..ew.) WASH. YOUR. HANDS! And don't breathe in other ppl's air ok?

Thankee much,

Elisabeth Darcy

Ps. I was so hoping it was just one of those "one-day" typea flu's. Darn. Oh well. And now my sister Jules is starting to feel pretty bad. And I'm suppose to take a nap today. I only EVER take naps when I'm sick. Even if I'm EXTREMELY tired.Why? Because well (shh don't tell anyone) I'm not a baby you know! Hmph!

3 comments:

  1. *Sniff.* I'm so sorry Jor! I'll pray for you and your family...it is NOT fun getting what everyone is just getting one by one...man you're all dropping like flies! Miss you....<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and the fam get better real soon... We think the boys had the flu...not the stomach kind, just the fevers with cough (our usual) last month and were soooo happy that none of the other 3 olders ever got it! But, with little ones, that is harder to do. They don't like to really not cough on you, or wash their hands all the time..that kind of thing. And, never let the motrin run out... you should be taking it around the clock girl for 3 days straight. It takes about a day to really work well. At least that is what Uncle Howard tells me! Sleep soundly soon. Auntie A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Auntie, and thanks. It means a lot. And can you give Uncle Howard a big hug for me? I love you guys and always will!!

    *Hugs*,

    Jor

    ReplyDelete