Thursday, September 3, 2009

1-Post-a-Day #1

Hello Readers,

A blogger friend had an awesome idea of doing 1 post a day through the month of September. That's what I'm going to do! I'm going to do "A-Post-A-Day" series all through the month! Except I'll call it 1-Post-a-Day. For today's 1-Post-a-Day, I'll be quoting Jonah(5), and Jamesyn(3).

I took had to take an alcheseltzer, and you know they have to dissolve. Jamesyn, however was a bit confused...

Jami: Aren't you going to drink your medicine Ate?

Me: Yeah, Jami. I am waiting for it to dissolve.

Jami: You're waiting for it to disdaine Ate?

Me: What?

Jami: Are you waiting for it to disdaine Ate?

Me: Um...yeah.

Jami: Has it disdained yet Ate?

Jonah and my Mom have been going through Genisis. Yesterday they read the part about how God created Eve.

Ma (reading from the story Bible): God caused Adam to fall into a deep sleep. While he was asleep God took out one of his ris, and closed up the place from which He had taken it. God made that rib into a beautiful, sweet woman.

Jonah: And did Adam LOVE that rib?

Ma (cracking up): No, he loved his woman.

Jonah: Giggles

Today when Ma and Jonah were doing Catechism, well...read for yourself...

Ma: Can God do all things? (the answer is suppose to be: Yes-God can do all His holy will.)

Jonah: Yes, God can do all His holy Spirit. (starts laughing) Hahah OOPS. I mean God can do all His holy will!

You know how when you see the pictures of an Ultrah sound, and it's a black background and the baby looks white? Well, apparently this is a conversation between my Mom and Jonah..

Ma: Who do you think your brother (talking about Josiah Calvin obviously) will look like? You, Jake, or Daddy?

Jonah: Well..I think our baby is going to be white.

Ma: Cracking up.

LOL. Our family has special nick names for everyone. Sometimes, more than 1 nick name, sometimes we have specifics that we always call each other. Whenever Jonah says something funny we call him "Jonah the wise". Everyone goes "Ahh, another quote from Jonah the wise!" I call him my "Deep theological thinker" because he comes up with the most amazing questions about God and his faith for a five year old!!

Cheers to a new month, and to FALL!,

~Lissie Darcy

P.S. Fall is my FAVORITE season of all time!! It's beautiful! I love the crisp air, the colorful leaves, the cozy days inside, hot chocolate, apple cider, the beginning of the holidays...AHH I love it all!! I love reading with a cup of tea and a blanket wrapped around me. Ahh. So, CHEERS!!

8 comments:

  1. LOL. Man i miss all you guys. tell everyone we say hi.

    OB

    ReplyDelete
  2. this has nothing to do with your post, but why did you call your blog "mummy in training"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theskater: Before I answer your question, am I allowed to call you by your real name in the blogging world or would you prefer that I don't? (Just wondering..if you're trying to keep it on the DL? Like is "theskater" your blogging name or something..kinda like how I use "Lissie"?) I called my blog "Mummy in training" because I have 6 siblings and I'm the eldest of them all. My daily life is training to be a Mom. I'm like second mom in the house. So yeah. That's why I called it that. Why did you call your's "The Skater's thoughts"? -Because you like to skate and you're blogging your thoughts..ok never mind. (Sorry..my sister is laughing at me for my stupidity..lol. so am I. )

    Anonymous: DUDE YOU FINALLY COMMENTED ON MY BLOG!! Yay!! Evidence that you read my blog, is the comments you post. Yay! Thanks for commenting, Ob!-LS

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem. I found out by comenting sing anonymous. it actually sends it. woohoo.

    well good luck on the blog a day. me be reading!

    OB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't care if you use my real name! I laughed at you also, big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok thankee. It's just kind of weird calling you theskater.

    Oh..that's lovely. My little sister gets done laughing at me and then my little brother laughs at me I FEEL SO SPHESHULL!!! HAHAHA! EVERYBODY WUVS ME..OR AT LEAST THEY MUST SINCE THEY'RE LAUGHING..

    ReplyDelete
  7. actually it was more of a "you're blonde" kind of laugh.

    So the "mummy" part in your blog is like "mommy" and not the dead person mummy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so not blonde. Lol! Ok..fine I have my blonde moments...hehehe..

    The "Mummy" part is mummy like "Mommy" but with a British accent. You know how 'em Brits say "Mum" and "Mummy" when addressing their mother? Well I really like..ok no. I LOVE British accents...so that's why I call it "Mummy" and not "Mommy"

    ReplyDelete