Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Scripture of the day

Proverbs 6:6-11 Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest. How long will you lie there, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.

I chose this particular verse from today's Proverbs because I thought it was really funny. This morning it was my turn to get up before my Dad left for work and take Sophie out to go to the bathroom. We don't have grass in either of our yards yet so we have to walk to the park; that's why we must do it before my Dad leaves for work, so we aren't alone. Anyhow I did NOT want to wake up. I was like AGH THAT DOG! But, this verse called me a Sluggard 2 times. Isn't it funny how even the smallest parts of the day there's a verse for even the "little" moments that we so over look? I mean seriously!! Hahaha. It was funny.

Psalms 50:12-15 "If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world and its fullness are mine. Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats? Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and preform your vows to the Most High, and call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you shall glorify me."

And....

Verses 22-23 "Mark this, then, you who forget God, lest I tear you apart and there be none to deliver! The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!"

I didn't choose this Psalm for any other reason other then I've been going through Psalms and this is the Psalms I left off at. I did however, choose those particular verses for a reason. If you notice God is reminding us whom thanks is owed to. I know how often I forget. I know God was talking about sacrifices but this verse still applies today only by prayer and living the life we are called to live. So I ask, have you thanked God today? For anything...the beautiful sunrise you saw on the way to work, the fresh air you were able to breathe due to your working lungs, the meal you just ate, the verse you just read that you really needed, the day God is letting you live, the gift card someone blessed you with, the time you spent with your husband or wife, the friends you have, the list goes on.......

I know I haven't thanked God today. So I must bid you all "GOOOOOD MORRRNNIIINNNG!!" and be off to thank my God!

In Christ alone my hope is found,

~L. D.

PS. **Copy right on the closing above** (JK) it's from a great hymn which I'm sure you all know about 8-D

No comments:

Post a Comment