Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A lil' update :D

Hiya wonderful readers of mine!,

My Aunt is out here visiting from California. All us "kiddies" call her "TT". (Long story.) Anyways she arrived here on the 31st and so far we've had a blast. We haven't been doing much but whenever "Big TT" is in the house everyone has a good time.

The adults went out for sushi, beer, and the Boise co-op. Those of you who aren't from Idaho the Boise co-op is just a cool place to buy awesome products. Such as great beer, wine, cheese, tea, tea, TEA (Yup I love tea!!), BREAD, BREAD, great bread!!, and other neat products.
OF COURSE us gals went out for an outing. (me Mum, me TT, and me me. :d) We went to look at these two aparments. They were AWESOME looking! They were really cute, modern, and clean.
PAUSE

Because I am the author of this blog it is my duty to my faithful readers to share a little bit about myself to them. That is what I intend to do. What I am about to tell you dear readers, is a precious dream of mine. It may not seem precious, it may seem stupid, it may seem lame, it may in a way seem like my own "fairy tale". But, this is my dream and I would like to share it with my readers as a way of thanking them for taking time to read my blog.

UNPAUSE

I'm the kind of person who'd love to live more out in the country. Here's my dream....now listen because I'm going to speak in dreamy whispered words that only fairies, and little children who still have the inoccense to believe in fairies. "My dream is to get married to a wonderful man who's desire above all else is to love Christ with all his heart, all his soul, and all his mind. Who's desires consist of raising a new generation of Christians to love Christ and live lives for their amazing Creator. I want our house to be a little yellow house with a red door. I want flowers in the front and the back, lots of sunshine in our house, and (here's the new-added-in-part) I want our house to be on a piece of land more in the country." There you have it readers. This is a dream of an almost-fifteen-year-old-girl who often wonders how many children will be in her little yellow house, who often prays about her future husband, who often wonders if she'll be a good mother to those precious children of hers, who often wonders about things and life constantly!

Looking at those aparments almost made me change my mind about the little yellow house because they were really cute!! BUT, then the magic of those pretty apartments broke when I realized I wouldn't be able to raise a family in them. I wouldn't be able to have my flower garden, I wouldn't be able to have all my family and family in Christ over for dinner, or just over in general.

The outing was sooo much fun! I wanted to get my cartilidge pierced during the outing as well. I had talked about it with my Mom some days and we had talked about it again with my Dad the night before. (--at least I think it was the night before??) He said he didn't care how many piercings I'd get in my ears, just as long as the piercings weren't anywhere else.

My TT being the expert on such things, she suggested that I get it done at a piercing place (such as tattoo shop) because the healing process is much faster. So we looked at at least four tattoo shops and it looked like I wasn't going to get it done because they either didn't do piercing, their piercers weren't there, or they only did it if the person was 16 because of their policy.

After giving up looking at tattoo shops, we were all hungry. We were in down town Boise and it's an interesting place to be! We don't live in the city (just like all you Californians in Vacaville don't live in San Fran. To put it in simpler tones.) so I think it's a fun place to go every now and then for "outings". We were on a hunt for a good place to eat and we finally saw this cute (and yummy) Mexican resteraunt called Cafe ole'! It was awesome! They had a salsa bar, chips and salsa to keep ya busy while you look at their very fattening yet TO DIE FOR menu!! My Mom and I ended up getting something to split. Our plate consisted of: Three Carnita tacos, with a side dish of rice and beans. IT WAS AWESOME!! By the time we three left the resteraunt I think all three of us wanted to either puke or take some caster oil. (Which by the way Mum and TT didn't end up needing the caster oil cuz they just got done taken a "Colon clense" on Monday/Tuesday) All in all I loved the whole day! It was in the high 60's all sunny and blue out too so of course we were all very happy! Later on that day my Dad, Jules, Jake, and I went driving. It was fun. I'm getting wayyyy better. I can do 3-point-u-turn's as easy as baking a cake.

Sunday we went to my cousin's house to celebrate my Aunt's birthday. Her b-day is 6 days from mine. It was a fun day. We attempted to fly a kite that was too heavy for the wind (fun trying anyways and it was in the 70's at least!!), we played some rounds of air hockey, jumped on the tramp, hung out, ate a delicious turkey dinner with some yummy cake, and played outside "beach volley ball". IT was really fun!!

I have disiplined myself by reading my Bible everyday on my own, and praying frequently for everyone and everything that comes on my mind. In my spare time I'd sing hymns or pray to God. I've been doing this for a while now and I've gotten to the point where my prayers go on for hours in the night, or an hour or so during chores, etc, it no longer matters if my hymns sound good or not just as long as I mean what I'm singing and the focus is praising Christ. I've also gotten to the point where I'm reading in at least five different books in the Bible. SO I've built myself up to where not only am I reading everywhere in the Bible, I'm also reading more then one chapter in the book itself. I do not say this to brag, or to point out "How holy I am", but merely to make a point. My point is if you push yourself to read your Bible, sing to God, and pray to Him. Share your personal thoughts, feelings, strengths, weaknesses, dreams, stories, etc. do not leave anything from Him when this is done there is a peace that He plants in your heart and a contenment in all circumstances you are placed in. When you start it may be hard for you to sit yourself down and actually give God time, but this is our calling as Christians. We need to be dwelling more in the Word because in times of need we'll have the Word in our head. In times of witnessing what if we didn't have a Bible with us at that time?

Here's my point, I've reached the point in my life where walking with Christ no longer means holding my parent's hand, Christ's hand, and my Pastor's hand. It means I'm holding Christ's hand. Yes my parents are still descipling me. Yes, I still have much to learn. Yes I learn from my Pastor. Yes I learn from other examples around me. But, I am now entering that time in my life where my walk with Christ is becoming my own walk. I missed two days of reading my Bible and praying and praising my Savior. Two little days, 48 hours, and however many minutes. Monday and Tuesday. I had a melt down. I fought with my sister as if I was a two year old throwing a fit. My whole point is when you skip just one moment in your life where your every thought, every moment is not captive to Christ, it brings out the worst in you. It really brings out the sinful side. Of course I sin on a daily basis we all do. But, when your eyes are on Christ you sin less; because your focus is no longer on yourself, but on Him who died for you. I must say I felt so ashamed of myself. So ashamed!! I have a non-believer in the house and I was a bad witness.

Friends, do not forget for one moment why we are here on this earth. Do not forget for one second who it is that gave LIFE TO YOU! The very lungs you breathe with depend on He who gave them to you! As my dear, dear, Pastor said to me this last Sunday think about what our heavenly home will be like. Think about, and wonder about what our new bodies will be. Always be thinking and wondering what life will be like in eternity. Always have your focus on Christ! I was all the more guilty because it is four days til Easter and I am suppose to be dwelling on the man Jesus Christ who lived the perfect life, bled, died and rose again for me so I might live in eternity with Him! So I can have a personal relationship with God!! Even though I'm so unfaithful to Him, even though I forget about Him, rebell against Him, even though I do not always hate what is evil but continue to dwell in my sin because I'm too prideful to get out of my dirty mud hole and drink of the fountain of life. Dear God forgive this unfaithful sinner who constantly struggles to die to self. It is so hard friends! So hard! But, take heart! For their are others who are running the race with you! You are not alone. Even if everyone hates you, you have Him who is running always next to you. All you have to do is reach out and grab his hand and continue to run. If you are in need of a self check, read Romans 12, 13, and 14. It's a great reminder. The word is like a mirror reflecting our dirty, disgusting selves.

Well I must call it a night. Please pray for me and if ever you need prayer drop a comment or e-mail me @ pretty_littleteacup@yahoo.com and I will for sure pray for you. We as Christians should be encouraging each other in the faith, in the Word, always calling eachother to repentence.

Good bye for now my friends!,

~Lissie

Ps. Go to wretchedradio.com and check out Todd's site. Trust me it's awesome but I don't have time to go into details.
Ps.s. If you are new here drop a comment I love comments and I'd love to hear a little bit more about you.
Ps.s.s. If you are not a Christian and are exploring the faith you can contact me at the e-mail above, or you can click on over to Brazenhusseys's blog and drop a comment there asking any questions you need to. My Dad and Mom would be more then over joyed to talk to you more about Christ.
Ps.s.s.s. I'll spell check tomorrow so sorry :D

6 comments:

  1. I love you. Really, really do.

    Very proud to be your daddy, young lady.

    --Daddy J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Jordan, excellent post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jor - great post! My dream is so much like yours! Only I want a little house with a big fireplace and a comfy livingroom (I don't care if I have 2 billion kiddos - I still want a little comfy livingroom) and a library and I want a (shhh) a secret passageway with hidden rooms... but I want the house in the country, and I want a good family too!!!

    Yeah, my dad isn't soo keen on the earing thing, so I think I won't get them (ha ha ha jk).

    Keep the sermons coming! You're encouraging those of us who both stress too much on the things of this world - and don't pay enough attention to the responsibilities they have...

    Meaning me...

    Meaning I have to go - but thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. I like your dream. The comfy livingroom. The only thing missing in the comfy living room is the bookshelves filled and filled and piled with books!! and the big comfy leather seats that you sink into with a cup of tea and a good book. Or that grandpa sinks into with his pipe as he tells stories to the kiddies!!

    ReplyDelete