Thursday, May 27, 2010

Oh Rain!

Oh rain, how I love you. Please stay. Rain seems to give one the assurance that peace does exist. It reminds us that peace comes from the LORD God who made all things. I think the rain efficiently reflects God's glory. The sound of the rain is a calming, soul-quieting sound. Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" That my friends, is the story the rain is telling. It is the story all of creation is telling. HEY HEY LOOK OVER HERE! *FINGER POINTING TO GOD* and then this verse is quoted. The finger (creation) then starts wigging around and around on the specific part that says "and know that I am God" and THAT is when the finger starts wiggling and practically flinging itself off the hand and to God.

If you REALLY wanna look at it in a symbolic way you could say the rain REMINDS (not "stands for") us of Christ's blood washing away all our sins. Kind of like in Noah's ark--only then the rain wasn't washing away our sins. It was washing away the evil, and hatred, rebellious people that turned away from God. It was a symbol though, of what was to come. God was going to send His only Son to wash us, cleanse the sinner's from their sin. But, in Noah's ark, God saved only His people, those that were faithful to Him. (Noah, and his wife, and his son's and their wives..) Christ called a selected few (just like God has always done--if you read the old testament..)whom He would save; bought by His precious blood.

And with the rain, there is also the promise of God that He would never flood the earth again (in water...). And the beautiful rainbow's that we see after the rain displays a beautiful picture: God put His bow in the sky as a sign of His promise never to flood the earth again. But, notice the bow (if you picture like a bow you'd shoot an arrow from..) is not pointed towards us, it is pointed towards Him. Which again (is ever so slightly) a symbol of how God would not slaughter His people the next time. Instead He would slaughter His only Son. BUT..that is kind of me reading into the rainbow a bit much. Still-the bow IS pointed towards Him-not us.

Some people hate the rain. I never have a definite "I HATE IT" or "I LOVE IT." I'm always switching between the two. It always depends on where I'm at in life. If I'm depressed and not doing good spiritually, the rain usually is the voice of what's going on in my heart: There's a storm. If (like right now) I'm right with God, I'm on the path of righteousness. I'm at peace. Etc. The rain is comforting, lovely, wonderful, beautiful and soul-quieting. "Be still, and know I am God." Right now, that is what the rain is saying for me.

If this was totally random and weird. Sorry. I woke up at 6 this morning, and I went to bed at 12 something because I had a sore throat (WHICH SUCKS. I just got over being sick!) so I'm friggin tired man!!

~Lissie Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment