Sunday, May 30, 2010

FFW/Parenthood #3

Mental note: I will train all my kids to be on a sleeping schedule. It makes life SO much more easier. And I can't deal with 5 attempts of a kid waking up (i.e. after trying to put him to sleep during that time) and wanting to bawl the 5th time he wakes up.

I respect those who do not want to train their kids (at such a young age!!-IT'S HARD WORK!..but it definitely pays off) because it breaks my heart and their heart to hear their kid crying. But for me, when I grow up..it breaks my back rocking and holding and bending over for so long. And it breaks me out into a sweat from anxious pleading to God "PLEASE let him stay asleep!!". And it makes me want to break down into a cry from him waking up and FIGHTING his sleep and not wanting to be "put in the bed" because he likes to "sleep in someone's arms".. you know? It's just stressful both ways.

Mental note: train my future kids to be on a regular (like you know when their 4/5 months not when they're first born's obviously!) sleeping/eating cycle.

What are your thoughts on this? Disagree or agree?

~Lissie

No comments:

Post a Comment