Monday, February 22, 2010

My New *Music* Favorites!

First off--a thanks to Ri, who helped me get in the mode of being-on-the-look-out-for-newbies (i.e. some more music artists)!! Thank you much, m'*blogging*friend!! Maybe we can be pen pals. (:

1. G. Love and Special Sauce Try some of their songs: Milk and Ceral, Cold Beverage, Shootin hoops, Soft 'n sweet, Honor and Harmony, and my all time fave of theirs: Baby's Got Sauce.
2.The Arctic Monkeys I've tried 'em out before but not enough to determine whether or not I liked them. (: Every song of theirs (pretty much) is enjoyable.
3.Franz Ferdinand Love them. They're just awesome. I really enjoy their station on Pandora Radio!
4.The Whigs OK I LOVE THEM!! Fave song of theirs? "Right hand on my heart"!! They seem like a Forrey band. (some friends of mine) SO here's a shout out to any Forrey's who may or may not be reading this post--HE-EY!! Hope you like 'em. Check 'em out.
5.The Whombats they're cool too!! I liked their energetic songs a lot. Haha.
6.The White Stripes DON'T FREAK OUT. It's only occasional. I don't listen to them on a regular basis. In fact, I used to DETEST them. With all my heart, might I add. But, they came on a couple times on one of my Pandora stations (can't remember..it's one of the music artists above..I think it was The Arctic Monkeys--oh yeah. It was. :) )
7.Flyleaf especially their song, "Again". I used to not be a rock person but then all of a sudden I guess I turned into one? I prefer mellow pop and stuff like Matt Nathanson, Jack Johnson, Colbie Caillat, etc. (AND CONTRY.) Which reminds me...
8. Kenney Chesney. I've always known about him per-say, but never been a big fan. Now I love him. Some songs: That's the good stuff, It's Summertime, I'm alive and well.
9.Muse I noticed several friends of mine lo-ove them. I never tried them out before. But, they came on the Franz Ferdinand Pandora station and I found out I liked pretty much every song that had come on of theirs.
10.The Strokes! I've always known about them, but I never really, "listened" to them if you know what I mean. I started to, randomly. They rock. If you like the killers, or the arctic monkeys, or modest mouse, you'll really like The Strokes!!
11.The Fratellis OK I just have to say, their album covers aren't the greatest. (Cartoonized..but still not the most appealing, or appropriate.) But, their music just blew my mind. I wanted to dance--but I was doing school. So I tapped my foot to the extreme. Yah. Let's put it that way. Haha.

I'm still trying out "train" (although I did really like their "Drops of Jupiter", thanks Ri!), and some other music artists.

That pretty much sums it up! I highly, HIGHLY recommend G. Love, and the Whigs, and Franz Ferdinand (and everybody goes: WHAT!? DUH, WE KNEW ABOUT THEM AGES AGO..(i.e. franz) SUCKS FOR YOU!), and The Strokes.


Dancing to my heart's content,

~Lissie

No comments:

Post a Comment