Monday, November 9, 2009

Favorite #4

I do not have a TOP favorite pass time. I never have a TOP favorite of anything. I always have TOP FAVORITES. My top favorite pass times are, actually the list will go to a hundred.

NEVER MIND!

Just kidding of course!! I'm such a joker. The sad part about it is I'm not even funny. Corny yes, funny no. Ha-ha!

1. Reading is at the top of the list! I am known for always having a book in my nose. (That's what I was going to say at first but I caught myself. I meant "my nose IN a book" haha. But, decided to leave it because it shows how lame I am.) Some of my favorite books are: Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, Stepping Heavenward, Tortured for Christ, The Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie society, and others..

2. One way I pass the time is by (Yup, you guessed it!) talking! I talk to everyone, all the time! The people I talk to most are: MY PARENTS BELIEVE IT OR NOT! My parents, and siblings, and then my extended family! (Usually my Grandma[S] ) What do I like to talk about? ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING! Usually I talk about what has been on my mind. My thoughts, questions I may have, assumptions, convictions, beliefs, doings of the day/week (week extends to the past month! I am always reflecting on what went on the past days, weeks, & month..) or verses in the Bible, I talk about God a lot. I talk about movies and books I've been reading/watching. I also talk about what I've been learning in school, be it math, history, anatomy, etc. I also ask for guidance and wisdom a LOT. God is first, my parents second, siblings I ask for their point of view sometimes, and then last is usually my Nana(a.k.a. G-ma) who lives 8 doors down. I also will ask my friends-if it is a situation that I can ask them for advice about in a discreet way. Why ask my friends? Isn't that what "typical teens" do? Yes, and no. You see a typical teen doesn't ask their parents or anyone OTHER then their friends. As you can see, I don't do that. I ask my friends sometimes because the majority of my friends are older then me. I love being in the middle, or the youngest. I'm the oldest at home, so it's like getting 2 different experiences!! Double wammie!! Love that. It's also nice to have someone older who you can ask for advice on. I have 2 older brother Christian friends,(I adopted them as older brothers :] ) I have TONS of gals that are older then me, and some that are younger but close in age with me.

3. Another way I pass time is watch movies I've seen more then 500 times (I woulda said 1000 but, that's pushing it) and repeat my favorite lines in the movie! Haha! My siblings and I do this ALL THE TIME! The movies we have memorized practically (I said PRACTICALLY, MIND YOU!) are: Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Meet the Robinsons (notice the disney/pixar theme going on here), Madagascar2, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Pirates of the Carribean 1, 2, and 3, Kungfu Panda, Bolt (which we don't have but whenever we see it we repeat lines!), Cars, Ice Age 3, Enchanted, Matilda (Jamesyn for some reason loves this movie), Beverly Hills Chihauhau, Monsters Inc. (Don't have it but seen it a billion times. Some friends have it.), THE LIST GOES ON!

4. I watch black and white movies on Netflix! One way to relate to my Nana and by doing so, honoring her, is by watching black and white movies and discussing them. She LOVES them. She knows ALL THE ACTORS AND ACTRESSES! We watch movies from the 1940's, 80's &20's. She actually got Jules and I REALLY into 'em black 'n white movies! By doing so, Jules and I (know this sounds weird) have grown closer together just by talking about our faves, and reccommending movies to one another and spending time watching them together! Some of our ALL TIME FAVORITES ARE: It's a Wonderful Life, The Philadelphia Story, Holiday, To Catch a Thief, Sorry, Wrong number (that's 1 movie btw the sorry wrong number one), Wife Vs. Secratary, Since you went away, The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer, The Man who knew too much, It Happened one night, Vertigo, Spellbound, Life Boat, Rear Window, ETC.

5. I take walks! Get fresh air, enjoy God's beautiful creation and I pray a long the way!

6. I play with the 3 toddlers. I make up games and we play and goof off and they laugh til their stomach muscles can't take it any more, and we have so much fun! I'm going to be 16 next year the last years I have with my family before I get married and have one of my own, are precious and to be treasured. I've learned that much.

7. I pray. I take time in my day to pray for all the prayer requests I've gotten over the last two weeks, or month or so! I try to do this throughout my day. When you're doing dishes, instead of listening to music at the same time, try praying through this silently in your head. Or, if you are alone allowed.

8. Like everyone else, I have chores around the house. I do laundry, kitchen clean up, change icky dipers, take out the dog, clean up a possible accident the dog had, feed the dog, bathe my 3 littlest siblings, vacuume, clean our always-seeming-to-be-messy-upstairs-bathroom, struggle to keep my medium sized bedroom clean how hard can that be!?, pick up around the house, clean Jami's room, make laundry soap (that one is actually fun! I've officially made it my job! love it!), dust, mop, clean walls and base boards, etc. Yet, somehow once we clean our house 5 seconds later there's another mess to clean up.

9. Once in a while, I go shopping. It's fun to window shop too though!

10. Believe it or not, I'm an avid letter writer! I write letters (real letters, not emails) to my friends in Cali! They write back! It's great fun!

11. I write emails too. Don't think I'm that awesome. Haha. I can type like 80 words per minute.

12. I blog! No Duh!

13. I take pictures! But, our camera is really old I have postponed my picture taking. I'm hoping for a camera for Christmas.

14. I sing. Mostly in the shower. But, whenever I'm alone in the house I try singing some of my favorite songs by my favorite artists. Or when I bathe the tots, I blast the radio loud (I do it up stairs) make sure the base is booming, and sing along to Taylor swift or Brad Paisley or Indelible Grace or Caedmon's call because those cd's are always on top of my parent's radio.

15. My Dad gives me driving lessons on weekends. Lately he's been kind of busy, and we all got over the flu a little while ago. We've all been REALLY busy. So yeah.

16. DANCE! YES, I DANCE TO MY LOUD MUSIC!

17. TEA PARTIES! Ok, no not really. I just drink tea and enjoy a book or watch the tots be all silly.

18. I walk down to my Nana's and spend time with her.

19. I read other ppl's blogs and comment like crazy!

20. I spend time with my lil bro Jake. He's fun. He and I play legos, wrestle, (although lately I've stopped because I'm always tempted to give him a wedgy but he hates it and I just get in trouble anyways ;( ) Or we ride scooters, or bikes but our bikes need fixing, or we go to the park, or we walk around the block, or talk, or he draws and paints while I do anatomy homework. But just being by each other is good enough.

WHAT ARE SOME WAYS YOU PASS TIME!? I DID NOT SPELL CHECK. FINGERS HURT FROM TYPING. AND I WAS TOO LAZY TOO ANYWAYS BECAUSE I JUST REALIZED THAT THIS WAS A REALLY LONG POST SO I WAS LIKE FORGET IT! HAHA! SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE THIS SO LONG!!

-LISSIE DARCY

PS. I LIKE CAPS??


3 comments:

  1. Like you, I have a whole lot of them, so I'm just going to list my two favs. Those would be singing and reading. Any time, any where. I do them both all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks for commenting
    !

    ReplyDelete