Saturday, May 9, 2009

Introducing...JESSI BEAR

A while ago I said I was going to do all these new "blog series". Why you ask I didn't start on that like a month or so ago? Because I wasn't being realistic in doing a post everyday on the Scripture passages I had been reading, and every week on a family member. (Well the second is more realistic because it's every week once a week.) So, I appologize for not keeping my word. Jesus himself said let your yes's be yes, and your no's be no's. Like a good Christian I am, I totally did just that. Yeah, I'm kidding; hopefully you knew that.



So, as for the family blog series...



INTRODUCING...JESSI BEAR!!! Jess is 1 years old (Jan. 12). As far as looks go, her and Jonah have the Filipino side; the rest of us got the Irish side. That's ok though I hear there's a fear that there's becoming less and less people with red hair so hopefully we can pass it on!



Because Jess and Jonah are the two odd balls in the family, whenever we go grocery shopping we usually are asked, "Are these all your kids?". Haha. Funny, yet not funny because from the world's eyes a devource is so common a stranger isn't ashamed of asking if we all have the same parents.



Jess has this little blanky/bear that well as you can or maybe can't see used to be pink. We call it a "buddy". She has two of them. I don't know if you can see it but Buddy has a bow (a rather deformed bow now) and Jess likes to twist the bow while pressing Buddy against her chest; as she sucks passy. It's really cute and sweet. One thing I love about Jessica is when she loves something/someone she really loves it! She's only 1 years old and this human being feels love. A form of "matter" that just BOOM evolved doesn't feel love. It doesn't feel period! My Baby (Jess) feels love, anger, sorrow, "sillyness", etc. She's only 1 and she feels. Why do we need to teach our kids what 2+2 is and not "how to have the emotion "anger" or "Love" etc.?" Why do emotions come naturally? Answer: Because we are made in the image of God and God is a personal God with emotions.)

Jessi is terrified of grass, and has a love hate for stairs. It's really funny she'll sit on the last step and look up the stairs but if you actually put her on the first landing she clings to you and gets upset. Today I found out that she's not quite as terrified of grass as she used to be. I picked grass and sprinkled it on her and then she was looking at me like "EWWWWW" and of course she thought it was a game and started doing it with me. So there's one way to get rid of a child's fear.

If you say "Kisses" she will sometimes put her lips forward towards you, or other times she'll just put her head down for you to kiss her. It's really funny.

She knows how to say "ATE!" But, she likes to yell for me, "AHHHHHHHTTTTT!" It's funny! I love it. She knows her "rightful" place is my lap so if I sit somewhere and she comes along she'll plop herself in my lap. She's my little baby. If Jami or anyone else wants to come near me or in my lap she'll get mad sometimes. She'll yell at them and push them away. When she's mad at me she'll kick me. Hahah. Or reject me hoping I'll feel sorry for saying "no" or "putting her down so I can get other things done" LOL. I love that baby.

She loves books. So when she sees yur bookshelf, RUN AND DUCK FOR COVER! JK. She'll pull every book you've got off the shelf and just look at the pictures, and feel them. (We have a touch and feel book so now she's always feeling things. I taught her what it meant to feel, whenever we did the book I'd take her hand in mine and rub her hand on the soft part and say "sooooooofffft. soooooffft Jessi, soooft.") If you catch her feeling a book or anything, the way she says "sooffft" is "breeeeee" because whenever you swing her in the swings at the park you do "weee" but it's "brree" for her but in the tone of "sooooffft" HAHAHA. She thinks she's reading the book. She speaks gibberish and turns the pages. I keep telling her she'll be a great reader one day/writer.

And that's my Baby Bear!! I'll post some pics sometime this week so be sure to check back on this post.

LOVE,

~Lissie Darcy

1 comment:

  1. Aw, so cute. :) I haven't had a baby sis for EIGHT years now, isn't that sad? But it's pretty darn sweet I get one in a month. You and me=lucky...or, in-ca-RED-ibly blessed.

    ReplyDelete