Sunday, May 3, 2009

CALIFORNIA HERE I COME!!

Tuesday the 28th, I woke up at 3 a.m. after getting three hours of sleep the previous night so I could be ready when my Aunt Mariah came around 4 a.m. to pick me up as we head on out to California!!

Now dear readers you are dear to me for reading my blog, some of you are good friends I only just met last year!! **Cough Cough** But, when I say "California here I come" I mean DEAR DEAR DEAR FRIENDS HERE I COME!! Oh how wonderful it is to be here in my home town/state where I spent twelve wonderful years of my life with the good and bad and the really funny stupid memories to look back on. Brandon, and Tyler (for those who don't know--my cousins) came too. Brandon got to see his Mom and me MY FRIENDS! My beloved Church family.

Paul the Apostle loved his Church so much...I love my Church family so much. I like to think just as much as Paul did. OH OH OH OH!!!! I'M SOOOOO THANKFUL FOR THESE PEOPLE!! I COULD CRY BUT I'M TOO TIRED AND MY EYES HAVE BEEN BURNING THESE PAST FEW DAYS AND THEY PROBABLY ARE BLOOD-SHOT. DON'T WORRY CHURCH IS AT ELEVEN THIS TIME :d!

Tuesday I stayed with my Aunt "TT". WOOT WOOT! I love her a lot. She's like a fun older sister. I pray that she comes to know Christ. (And that she moves out here. Hey I told her she could so bunk with me in my room. We have fun talks and do funny stupid things. At least I do.) We had fun. Went swimming. Watched a movie. Etc. Slept for TWELVE HOURS!! (Hey gimmie a break I had three house of sleep the previous night so I don't wanna hear it!!)

Wednesday I went to the Ware's house. They are like my adopted family..but then again I adopt all my close sisters and brothers in Christ. Hahaha. They adopt me too. So it's cool. Seriously it's like I have two families; one in Idaho my really wonderful, awesome family and one in Cali! The Ware's have two kids Miles and Rachel. Miles is Rach's older brother. Both of them are my older brother and sister. (Rach only by a couple of months. Miles three yr. I beleive)

It was awesome!! I got to sneak in their college classes with them. And then we went to Jamba Juice. We talked, got sugar high, anddddddddd got cold becuz the air conditioner was right over us and plus we got these big ol' smoothies. THEY'S BIGGER THEN OBAMA'S MAMA! (NOPE WASN'T MOCKING OUR PRESIDENT..I...I...I..WAS JUST WELL HE WAS THE ONLY THING I COULD THINK OF TO RYHME WITH "MAMA" AT TWELVE-ALMOST ONE IN THE MORNING!?) Anyway's then I spent the night at their house that night. It was awesome. Rach and I stayed up til 2:30 in the morning. Their Mom (Whom I call Auntie Lynn) practically adopted me. SHE'S AWESOME!! I love her a lot!!

Thursday I went over to the Erickson's. My good partner in Crime (we're mischief makers 8-D) Nat and my good friend Katy's house. It was so much fun! I got to watch her in Karate class and these two and four year old girls were talking with me while they watched their sister. Yup I'm so desperate as to talk to a stranger's kids because I miss my own babies!! I missed having a baby always on my hip or lap. I can't wait til I'm a Mom. But then again I can because 1. I'm not ready 2. I'm still learning 3. POOPY DIPERS YUCK! jk. Anyways the Mom didn't mind. I was kinda keeping them quiet for her LOL! And Tim and Andrew came to Karate and Claire too. (Church friends!!)

And then Natalie, Katy and I watched this movie called The Ultimate Gift. We did that and eat candy. And then at eleven we went to bed and stayed up talking til 2:30 in the morning and then "five minutes later" the clock said 4 in the morning! LOLZZZZ! Nat and I wanted to attempt to stay up til 7 in the morning! lol and WE DID! Once it got down to 5 in the morning it took forever to get to seven. So we made a deal that we had to sit up til then and if either one of us laid our heads on our pillows we'd have to hit that person in the head with our pillow. LOL. We failed at that. We laid down. But, we didn't fall asleep. We stayed up til seven in the morning and got up from there. Oh and Katy was awesome! She woke up and was watching us say loopy things and make jokes that if we were to tell you them now you'd probably think we were retarded and not "funny" HAHAHA.

Friday Nat and I went to her Spanish class at Solono Fairfield college (Which my Dad informed me that it was weird I was there because he and my Mom were in jclass not paying attentinon while they were trying to come up with a name for me. LOL! baddd parents! badd!) and their computer class. It was awesome because their computer teacher was sooo cool! He was so nice. They snuck me in and he was like in the middle of getting ready to start and he's like OH..Oh, "Who's this?" And we started chuckling and then they explained and he was making random comments/questions to me during his class like "Where you from Jordyn?" (And yes he said it like that. ) It was awesome. At the end he's like "Come back any time Jordyn, come back anytime." I was laughing. I'm like OK! Sure! Lol And then we couldn't have park day because it was rainy so the Wares invited me and the Erickson's over to play games. Which we tried that but at one point (uh at several points) Natalie and I were so tired our eyes were moving faster then we could process so we couldn't read the words on the game cards. We tried for like five minutes and kept passing it to each other to see if the other could read it and we couldn't. Tim (Who btw, Tim, Claire, and Andrew are basically the kids of the people who started the house church we used to go to when we lived here. MAN I LOVE GRACE FELLOWSHIP! (The name of the church XP!) was looking at Natalie and I and was like "Um..do you guys want some coffee or anything? Because I can give you some coffee, some Dr. Pepper, etc" It was so funny. I was crying. (Or maybe it wasn't funny maybe this was the "Melt down" my parents were telling me I was going to have if I didn't take a nap. Hahaha. Course they didnt' say I had to take one they said I should. But, I can't nap! That'd defeat the purpose of staying up! It's also like this: I never see these beautiful people now. These people I still love so dearly. So I couldn't waste my time with them napping--no, I chose to stay up so I would suffer no matter how heavy my eyes were. Oh and the best thing is that now I love them dearly yes but they aren't/friends in general aren't an idol for me. Thought I should post that. It was a hard lesson God took me through--really hard. But, I learned it and am glad. I was putting friends/people I love in general (such as my parents :_J (that was my own smilie I made up!) higher then God. I know ouch. Big time.)

And then Nat, Kate, and I went to the Ware's again. They don't do sleep overs (unless it's the friend who's sleeping at their house :_J) so they came til like eleven or twelve and we hung out. Anyways it's awesome. We started this tradition where we walk up to the little store called "Oats" by the Ware's house and we buy a HUGE soda and by THE WHOLE BOX OF SOUR BELTS. Well, you know when they sell candy in stores they have a big box of them and normal people just take "A" candy? Well we bought the whole box!! Well, this year we bought the box, the soda, and added a new addition: the whole box of recesses (wow I can't spell that right now hahahah) peanut butter mini cups!! And last year the lady for some reason got mad at us and this year it was the same lady and she got really mad at me. I was going to count how many recesses there were because it's ten cents per recesses so the box of them were on the counter so if you were buying your stuff and you wanted to take one it's right there. So basically I pulled the box closer to me so I could reach it better and start counting and she SNATCHED the box out of my hand and said, "NO, THE BOX NEEDS TO STAY HERE WHERE IT CAN BE WATCHED!" and I was like...yeah ok. And it's funny the girls always make me order or they give me the money and I give it to the lady because the lady knows them so well they're like timid. IT'S HILARIOUS! It was like that again this time except the girls stood behind us so I guess it doesn't count :) And Miles always stays with me. Hahah. THANKS OLDER BROTHER! I don't know how to do math so I need someone! JK TOTALLY JK Anyways the lady looks at us and is like, "Well how many are you planning on buying!?" And me in my cheerful way (no seriously I was tired and exicted at the same time. Scawwwyyyyy) said, "Oh, we plan to buy the whole box." LOL SHE WAS SOO FRICKEN PISSED!! IT WAS HILARIOUS! And all of us are like, "What you don't want our money!? IT'S NOT COUNTERFIET! I PROMISE! IF IT WAS OBAMA HIMSELF WOULD PRINT HISSSS FACE ON THE FRONT! ok..i need to stop with those jokes :D) Anyways she sighs and goes in the back and gives us a whole new box. SO WE GOT SOUR BELTS SPLIT IT BETWEEN THE FIVE OF US AND THE RECESSES AND THE BIG SODAS! WE WERE SO HYPER! It felt good though after no sleep. And we played nerts, and pirate dice [Side Note: Pirate dice. If you've seen Pirates of the Carribean 3 you know ...oh wait..or is it two? you know what I'm talking about =)] and talked, and I can't remember what else. I'm slowly going brain dead. Then after Kate and Nat left Older brother, Rachey, and I played nerts until eleven. So technically I was up for a whole twenty-four hours!!!!! OH YEAH! And when I went to bed Rachey said I fell asleep sitting down hugging my pillow and she woke me up and told me to lay down so I didn't wake up with a really stiff sore back. Lol

Saturday I woke at 6:45 a.m. and we played nerts again and then went to the shooting range where they take shooting classes. (It's funny they have these targets and they always are like "Man I'm doing terrible" but I think it'd be fun and I might do well on it because my Dad said I'm a good shot. I have really good eyes site too. I saw the heads of three nails on a door railing thing like fifty feet away from it!! I'm so glad I don't have to wear glasses or contacts. Esp. Contacts becuz anything with eyes grosses me out. I can't even touch my eye to get an eye lash out. ) Anyways, it was fun. It was rainy and they were bbqing because it was only suppose to be 30% chance. And so it made a smoky smell like a fire and it was warm and toasty inside and so we all felt like we were camping. Nat, Kate, and I played nerts while they were waitin for there turn to go shooting. They do it in two rounds. Tim, nat, and I played Liar. It's like pirate dice except with cards. It's fun. And then we had a big lunch of hot dogs, chilli, chips, soda, brownies, cake, and cookies. I was SOO SUGAR HIGH and it woke me up. The smoky smell, and the warmth made me a bit sleepy. [well that and lack of sleep hahaha but i was actually better this morning then on Friday day. lol] It was awesome. And when we were done hanging out and eating everyone said bye and left. Then the Wares and I went back to their house hung out some more and got sugar high on our left over Jamba Juices (told you they were the big size) and played more nerts. And talked and laughed, and watched one of the x-men. Part of it at least. While Rach and I tried to build amazing card houses and failed well at least I did. And then I was dozing off during x-men. And then I had to say good bye to my adopted/second family and go to my Lola's. She cooked for me. MMMMMMMM mmmmm mmm! Ribs, and sour Filipino soup and I don't wanna say what it's called cuz I've never known how to spell it. And then TT came over again to hang out and talk and text and talk to my Mom both of us at the same time it was awesome except I think she was getting tired and I was talking too much. (That's usually the case. What you Can't tell with my long posts?) And now here I am TYPING THIS TO YOU!

OK one more thing. I planned on learning to play guitar because it's portable and we don't have a piano and our attempts at singing aquapella and well trying to harmonize when we have no clue how to read music SUCKS. Besides if I learn to play guitar I can learn Ruff style of hymns and we can sing them. And I can teach music to my parents/family. So SWEET. Only problem was we had to buy the guitar and well yeah. I knew nothing like if there were sizes or not. So I e-mailed Miles because he knows cuz he plays and he told me everything I needed to know and he offered to give me his old acousitc he grew out of. I was sooooooooooo happy! What a blessing now we don't have to pay $50 for a guitar that ends up being really cheaply made or something. (my fear =) Anyways so here in Cali he put new strings on it for me and then he offered me to take one of his electrics too!! I was shocked. But, then not really. He's my brother so why not give his sister his electric? WHY NOT GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY MILES AND RACHEL SERIOUSLY YOU'RE SELFISH! ok that was corny and stupuid. Never mind. Lol. So I said no. I didn't wanna take his electric...yet secretly I did. But, common! Anyways I ended up w/ the electric cuz the acoustic's strings wouldn't stay on and well it didn't like me **Waaa**. Anyways I WAS SO HAPPY!! I WAS LIKE YES! Becuz my plan was to learn acoustic but as soon as possible play the electric. So, THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH MILES!! I'M SO EXCITED!! I can't wait to start playing.

So yup. I'm so terribly sad. I'm leaving here Monday. It wasn't nearly long enough. I hate that I only see these wonderful people once a year now. That sucks. I want to see them waay more then that. I wish I could stay another week or two!! **deep sighs**. Man. I'm so sad. SO sad. I might even cry when I leave. I never cry. I'll try not to though. I'll try to be brave. Being brave is so hard though sometimes. Sometimes you don't want to smile anymore. Sometimes you want to cry. Sometimes you want to laugh hysterically in the back of Spanish class because it's the next best thing to crying after losing a whole night's worth of sleep. (Yes I almost did it. I did laugh but very, very, quietly. I almost bursted out like a crazy woman in class laughing for no reason because I couldn't lay my head down on th desk or I'd fall asleep and druel. Yes when I'm in a ddeeeeeeeeep deeeep sleep I druel. Nice to know eh? )

AHH, my dear friends. Thank you for having me over. Thank you for making my time here extra special. Thank you for taking away my sleep, thank you for the electric guitar, thank you for giving me all your money, thank you for the sour belts and recess I'M RICH IN CANDY!, thank you for the awesome Jamba Juice, trip to Ross, the awesome time today at the shooting range, the awesome converstaions, the awesome nerts games, the awesome laughs, the awesome laughing so hard that you cry, the awesome hugs hello **Cough cough natalie**, for letting me make a lady think we were...um. gay or seriously having issues. (It's not as bad as it sounds trust me. I just was hugging Natalie because she gave me a chocolate rose and i was like "OH you love me? I love you too" and I was huggin her and was like gimmie a big kiss thanks so much for the pweetty rose and this lady down the isle in wallgreens was looking at us like..."umm....righhhht..I'm just..yeah i never saw that." and it was sooo funny. oh well sugar does things to ya), for the awesome lunch at Taco bell, for the awesome IM conversations, for the awesome EVERYTHING.
Now do one favour for me....HIDE ME IN YOUR CLOSET SO I DON'T HAVE TO GO. DARN IT!

Well, I love ya Nat. I love you Claire, I love you Katy, I love you Rachey, I love you Auntie Lynn, I love ya Anna! I love you Allio's and I'm sad I won't see you Sunday!

The sweet blessings in life are the little tastes of what heaven is going to be like. Enjoy it while you can and go preach the word, read your Bible, pray to God, for this life is here today...and gone tomorrow. Never forget that. Live like you will never see these people in your life again. (Thank you DADDY FOR THE LETTER!! I LOVE YOU! I READ IT TUESDAY but wanted to thank you properly.)

Good night readers my eyes are now little slits part of the fun :-d,

Lissie

PS. It's sad. We're all growing up. If I keep doing this every year one time a year, eventually one day I'll be back and one of us will be married. Where does the time go!? Everyone's already driving. Next time I come up here I'll more then likely have my License. It's so sad.

Ps.s. I can't believe I get to go to my "old" (no Grace fellowship will never grow "old" just the people. Old friends.) church home. It's great to see everyone. G'NIGHT!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I thought I told you to goto bed last night after you talked my ear off. :) I am thankful that you have had a great trip. Although you are sad to leave, we are eager to have you back. Things are not complete without you here. Not to mention all the chores you are missing out on. ;)

    I know that it is hard to leave our home behind and all the people that we love so dearly. I have felt that pain in my own heart. The only comfort I have for you dear is something that Mr. C told us when we left CA. He reminded me that we will spend eternity together in Heaven. We will never leave each other again. The foretaste of heaven that we felt at Grace is one we will know in full someday. Until then, rest your eyes on Christ, our only comfort in life and death. And, be thankful for friends that you can pick back up with no matter how infrequently you see them. That is a gift from God that not everyone gets to experience.

    Ma

    ReplyDelete