Saturday, April 25, 2009

Have you loved your neighbor today?

I am on a role today, we all are on a role! Jules, Nana, and I went to Savers. I gave away 10 BIBLE TRACKS! If you aren't familiar with the term (Which I highly doubt you are..but just in case :D) Bible tracts are little pieces of paper that have the Gospel message in a nutshell!! Like there's this one track that is a circle piece of paper and on the front says tuit. It's "If you get a 'round tuit". Here's what the "Tuit" tracts says on the back: You have pacified your conscience by saying that you would find peace with God one day...when you get a round tuit. Well, now you have one. This is why you shouldn't wait any longer: if you have told one lie, you are a liar. If you have stolen anything (irrespective of value), you are a thief. If you have looked with lust, you have committed adultery in your heart. If you hate someone, you've committed murder in your heart. Your sin has angered God. The Bible teaches that you are His enemy. On Judgement day, you will end up in Hell. But there's good news: "god commended His love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us." Jesus Christ took your punishment, then He rose from the dead and defeated the grave. If you repent and trust Him, God will grant you everlasting life. Read your Bible daily and obey it. God will never let you down.

COOL HUH!?!! We ordered three different kinda tracks. The "around tuit", the million dollar bill with our lovely President's face on the front of it, and the 101 world's funniest 1-liners. The million dollar bill has on the back "The million dollar question" on the back of it. The million dollar question: Will you go to heaven when you die? And then it runs you through the good person test. It's pretty cool! The 101 world's funniest 1-liners is what it is and then it has an editorial where they give you the Gospel message. It's pretty neat. I'd like to get some more kind of tracts.

Anyhow, back to my story. We were at Savers, and Jules and I had brought some tracts with us. I brought 4 101 world's funniest 1-liners, 3 million dollar bills, and 4 around tuits! [I don't know how many Jules brought Xp] We were inspired by my brother who while at Home Depot with my Dad gave out 5 tracts; my Dad who gave out (3?).

My Nana likes to use checks when she doesn't have cash on her so I was told to ask one of the clerks if they take checks. I thought WHAT A GREAT OPPORTUNITY! I asked her and I also asked if she ever got bored on her job. Clerk: Quite frankly yes. Me: Well, here's some jokes for you to read whenever you get bored. Clerk: OH! Thanks so much!

PAUSE

Before I go on I want to mention when you first witness to someone you are VERY nervous. I had witnessed I believe on Thursday to this girl on my street who I befriended for the purpose of witnessing to her. When I brought up the subject MAN WAS I NERVOUS. But, it's a test. What do you care more about? Living in your comfort zone knowing you are "safe", or that eternity is a long time especially an eternity in hell.

UN PAUSE

As we went along with our shopping, I found another opportunity to give a tract out. I pretended to be looking at some different shirts while I secretly watched the lady on the other side of the rack. She looked stern. [Author's note: She was very stern. It hurt too.] But, I took the plunge even though I knew the water was cold.

"Excuse me, have you gotten one of these yet? (Pulling out a million dollar tract.) On the back it has the million dollar question."

"Oh, uh-huh." As she examines it. I can tell she thought I was some kid playing a practical joke. Even though the sternness cut deep something deeper cut, what if years from today God uses that million dollar tract, or even reminds this lady of it and she gets to know Jesus Christ?

I was thrilled!!!!!!!!! There is a joy that LEAPS into your heart when you know you've just shared the Gospel with someone!! It's amazing, crazy, strange, wonderful, and makes you feel like skipping and leaping in meadows with pure green grass or filled with lots of flowers--ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Crazy I know.

It was so nice to go out with our Nana, have some conversations about the tracts, and get some really cute stuff! Jules got some great shirts, some new flip flops and I think a pair of Capri's; WOOT WOOT!

I was on FIRE! We are told by Jesus to go out into all the world and preach His word. HAVE YOU DONE THAT TODAY? Have you loved your neighbor? I heard this from an atheist who was preached to by a Christian sharing his faith. He said, "How much must you hate me to not share the Gospel with me?" Think about that the next time you are about to pass up a great opportunity. What if you see your annoying neighbor being casted into hell on Judgement day? You can't preach the good news in heaven, on judgement day, in the grave. Time is ticking! There goes another minute GONE forever! [Mr. Todd Friel, if you ever happen to come across this post yes I am sorry I stole your line. It's such a good line I had to share it with my readers. Besides that I'm a big fan!!!!!!!!! Oh, and Kirk I'm a BIG fan!!]

I kept running into this boy, so I went up to him and asked him if he liked jokes. He was like ...ok this gal is WEEEEIIIRRDD. He said he did so I gave him the 101 world's funniest 1-liners. It was kind of awkward because his Mom and sisters were right there so they're probably like ok..a girl coming up to my brother who we've never seen before. LEMME TELL YA IT'S WORTH IT FOLKS! That boy, MAYBE EVEN HIS WHOLE FAMILY might see me again in heaven! Of course it's GOD who does the work. But, he could use these tracts to stir people's hearts. All the glory goes to God. I'm just happy to be like Jesus going and telling everyone about Him!! Isn't funny when you think about it you ARE being just like Christ when you tell others about Him. He did open street preaching and why? To point the finger to Himself; showing others LOOK I AM THE CHRIST.

That's like three now right? (Trying to keep track here. lol.) I had to try some things on so I pretended I dropped the million dollar tract on the floor some feet way from the dressing room I was in. When I came out of the dressing room it was gone!! Someone had stooped down to pick it up! I also put an around tuit tract on this table. That one took FOREVER to be seen by someone, but finally it got picked up by someone! I did another million dollar tract on the floor and that one took a bit to be seen and picked up by someone too in the end someone got it!

I saw this girl sitting outside of the dressing rooms (probably waiting for someone) she looked soooo bored. I went up to her and here's our convo: Me: You look so bored! Here's for when you "get around tuit". If you flip it over there's a message on the back. Girl: OH THANK YOU! ME: You're welcome. :D By God's providence I had given this tract to the daughter of the stern lady who I gave the million dollar tract. Who knows, God has a plan for those people.

When we were checking out there was a girl behind us who looked bored and out of it. (rough shopping time?) Anyhow, I asked her if she liked jokes. She just stared at me and gave me a little shrug of the shoulders. She was trying to say something but no words came out of her mouth. [Author's Note: I was like ok I'm either weird for "chit-chatting" with her or this was just really random for her hahaha.] I told her: Well, you should read these they are really funny. Definitely read them. [Author's note: She was like oookkkkkkkkkkkk...]

Jules went to go put the cart away so I waited in a totally different check out line then the one we were at. I had a reason. (Can't you guess?) When it came to my turn I had nothing in my hands to buy. I looked at the clerk and said (in a really serious tone I don't think she knew what was coming hahah) I have shopped here before and you checked me out and you were one of the sweetest clerks I've met! It must be boring for you to come here day after day checking people out. This is for you whenever you get bored. (as i hand her the 101 funny 1-liners) She really appreciated it and gave me a hug. So, there's one way to do it. As we walked out of the store a dude held the door open for us so I asked: Hey Sir, have you gotten one of these yet? (handed an around tuit. the only one i had left) Dude: What is it? Me: Look on the back it has a message, have a good day!

I SHARED THE GOOD NEWS WITH TEN PEOPLE IN ONE STORE! TEEEEEEEEEEEN PEOPLE!

Later that day..........................................

We went for a walk with Sophie and some neighbors around the block were enjoying the sunny day when they saw Sohpie. We let them pet her and I said: Here, before I go I want to give you two something. (I handed them each an around tuit track because it was the first one I was able to grab out of my purse, and my pocket.) I left.

12 PEOPLE! Lemme leave you with a challenge, have you loved your neighbor today?

~Lissie Darcy

9 comments:

  1. Is it just me or do my posts keep getting longer, and longer, and longer, and loooonnnger!?

    SORRY READERS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read this? http://bringthenoiz.blogspot.com/2009/03/jc-ryle-on-open-air-preaching.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You brought something to light for me: what IS better than sharing the Gospel with people?!?!

    Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your long posts. 'specially when they're soo inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks gals!! I'm so glad you guys don't mind the long posts..I can't help it. I need to learn how to "summarize" things. Not to mention I need to learn spelling and grammar--YAHHHH..I'M HOMESCHOOLED. **SNIFF!** BAD JOR! YOU GIVE HOMESCHOOLING A BAD NAME WITH YOUR SPELLING. I know it. I don't mean it. I try to spell honestly...it's just English is the hardest language to learn and apparently growing up speaking English isn't enough you have to actually learn it. WOW!! ok..yeah i'm tired i stayed up all night then the night after that went to bed and eleven and woke up at six fourty five. LOL and it's twelve right now ANNND TOMOOROWW ISSS CHURRCHH but it's at eleven this time. WOOT WOOT! good. so i'll get some sleep:D I'm glad I was able to inspire you. I wanted to inspire and challenge you. So hopefully I did. It was challenging for me as well. I still struggle with it.

    love ya girls!

    ~Lissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...who I befriended for the purpose of witnessing to her."

    Is that really loving thy neighbour? Seams a bit, well, disingenuous to me.

    Anyway, I have to admire your enthusiasm!

    Regards,

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not disingenous if God uses my foolish words to save her soul.

    Thanks for the feed back though Matt.

    ~Lissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ ExPatMatt:

    Nice! How'd you find my daughter's blog? hmmm...Happy to see you here from Trish's blog. Anyhow, Matt, this is James of Brazen Hussey's, proud dad.

    Good day to you, sir, and thanks for the kind word to my girl.

    --JMH

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEAH-YA!! Don't wanna mess with my Daddy! MMHMM! Yeah dat's right!!

    **PEACE OUT DOGS**

    ~lIS

    ReplyDelete